Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmbowles78

NS Touchscreen Printers

6 posts in this topic

I've seen a few posts here that list compatible printers that will work with the NS Series of Omron touchscreens. These posts are from a few years ago, and the Canon/Epson printers they list are no longer in production and are hard to find (plus I'm not sure our customer will accept a used printer for this new project). Are there any updates regarding which printers in current production will work with NS touchscreens? We have tried a Canon Pixma iP1500 with an NS8-TV01B-V2 and standard printer USB cable, with no luck. The printer head cleaning signal seems to work, but the print command doesn't. Could this be a cable problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated for this first-time poster.

Hi and welcome to MrPLC! From V083-E1 NS terminals setup manual: Pages_from_V083_E1_06.pdf

Thank you for the welcome, and for the response. The printers that are listed in the setup manual don't seem to be sold here in the USA. Is there a similar list for USA models, or a cross-reference list? Thanks, Jason

I'm just good in searching manuals Hopefully someone can recommend some models by experience...

Thought I would give this a bump, has anyone ever used a barcode printer connected to a NS screen? Have been talking to a customer about an application that may require this type of system.

No, but i have hooked up an ink jet printer for date /product codes on cartons etc to a PLC.