Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Abhishek Desai

How to call C programe in PLC?

4 posts in this topic

Hello , I am doing thesis with FESTO Company in Germany. My task is to control the position of the Pneumatics controller. But I have lots of limitations with FESTO PLC. So, may be i have to use the C programming which is more easier. Can anybody guide me how to call C programming in Festo PLC?? Any optinion welcome and appreciated!!!! Thanks...

No need to post the same topic twice. Are you trying to run native C code in the PLC or trigger a PC based custom application to do something. It seems to me that if your thesis is with FESTO, specifically using their PLC to to control pneumatics, that you may want to use their PLC. Doesn't writing a C program seem like it would defeat the point? What's your thesis on more specifically?

Hi, My Thesis mainly on PLC and my job is to contorl the positon of the Pneumatics by Festo plc only. Morever, i have to use festo plc but it's not give freedom to use. Lots of restriction in festo plc. So, even in worst case, the plc expert in company, suggest me to use c programming. I think when programe too lengthy, i will use C programming. Yes, PC time run application i want to use or call in plc programming. So, i want to call C programme in festo plc? Thanks for quick reply. And yes, dont take me in wrong way. I am new to this forum. Once again thanks. Regards, Abhi