Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TechJunki

Add Array in Logix 5000

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for examples or methods used for adding an entire Array. For Example I have an array "TestArray[100]" and would like to get the sum of all 101 elements in the array and move the resulting value to a single DINT. I thought about doing some looping or such but was wondering if there was a way to evaluate this all at once other than doing Result = TestArray[0] +TestArray[1] +TestArray[2] +TestArray[3] + .........TestArray[100] Any examples you may use would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you thought of using an FAL or ADD instruction and a Counter .ACC (as an indirect address). Use a scan pulse to increment the counter and use an [integer] file to continually add the TestArray elements to itself. I don't believe I'm explaining it very well so this may be a better explanation: ADD FUNCTION SOURCE A TestArrayTOTAL SOURCE B TestArray[Counter.ACC] DESTINATION TestArrayTOTAL Where are you getting your array numbers from? Hope it helps a little...d2b

Just did this yesterday, read about FAL instruction in "help on instructions"

FAL is the instruction to use. You can configure the instruction to make the sum in a single scan or over multiple scans.