Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

CJ1W-CTL41-E & encoder

18 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have mentioned card. I can use Encoder with RS422 and via terminal XW2B-40G4 I connect it to counter, but I need Supply 5VDC for encoder. Is there any way to get this supply from CJ Power supply or I have to install separate 5VDC Power Supply. I guess I could use terminal XW2G-40G7-E and use some encoder with 24VDC signal. I tries to find any pdf file with details about XW2G-40G7-E but without success - even I do not know dimensions of it. Do you have some specs of that and pin out of the terminal? Thanks Pawel

See attached. Pages_from_W02E_EN_01_CJ1W_counter_unit_Operation_Manual.pdf

Ok - pin out for the XW2G-40G7-E - I have. What about dimensions of this terminal - how wide it is and I know that this terminal has 36 screws, attached pdf file describes 24 of them. What are other screws for? Can I get 5VDC from PLC rack in some way? Pawel

I thought XW2G-40G7-E was a screwless terminal block Seriously, I have seached every corner of the net but can't find any details on this connector.

Yes, it is screwless, but I cannot find any detail about it. I got only price for it, but nothing else? hmmm..... Maybe someone used it before and he can write dimensions ( width the most important) and specs of screwless inputs.

Finally I asked Omron for details and Polish Omron Support sent me sheet for XW2G-40G7-E. I attached it - maybe it will be useful for someone else. Pawel Instruction_sheet_XW2G_40G7_E.pdf

Hi ! I am trying to count pulses from proximity switch, but no success. I have proximity switch, which gives 24VDC pulses. I use XW2G-40G7-E block and I connected signal from sensor to 1A+ (channel 1) and -24VDC I put on 1A- (channel 1) rotary switch on CTL41 I set to 1 so my CIO is 2010. Only RUN Led lights. When I set up CIO2011.00 to 1 (open gate ) I see its opened CIO2031.02 but Id does not count hmm. I can preset value, but it does not count, I do not have errors also Important vales in my CIO for channel 1 Where I make a mistake - maybe I should wire switch in different way? Thanks Pawel

I read CTL manual carrefully and the led CH1 should light when the gate is open and at least one impuls came. It does not light and I checked the gate for channel 1 is opened. I use XW2G-40G7-E block to connect proximity switch to CTL. I tried a few possibilities but no success. What is your idea? - how I should wire 3 wire PNP sensor - 24VDC thanks Pawel Thanks Pawel

do you wire like this ? (for dc24v PNP sensor) +24v-----sesonr pwr sensor output---1a+ 0v--------sensor gnd------1a- and give 5v supply to the XW2G-40G7-E Input Terminal Block i gauss it have some rs422 ic inside

Hi ! I connected sensor like you wrote but I am not sure with this +5VDC Just look at XW2G spec below If you use LD driver you have to put +5VDC to V+, but when I use 24VDC sensor I think I should wire +24VDC to these connectors. V+ is internally connected to 1V+ - supply for my sensor. I do not have any power supply +5VDC - to working XW2G I need to install power supply +5VDC just for it? Any other idea?

Hi ! I made as you wrote - I wired external +5VDC supply to V+ and V-. As I remember when I tried before I connected +24VDC to these terminals - so - there is a way that RS422 is already burn out - data sheet for that block is completly useless and not clear how to wire it for 24VDC sensor. Anyway do you have this block and some PNP sensor to check this wiring out? I want to be sure that it can work - right now I am not sure. thanks Pawel

Hi: Sorry !!! i do not have this block to test wiring. but after reading Section 2 of manual W02E-EN-01, i though it do not has any IC inside the block. one more things, do you have setting another upper / lower counting limit (not "0") for testing.

I set upper counting limit to 2000 and current count value to 500. I set it from IO table for CTL-41 and I checked that it came to the systems - in my configuration I got 500 in CIO 2029. Now I am trying wiring -24VDC to 1V- and just wire with +24vdc which I connect to 1V+ for a moments. Nothing - No LED CH1 lights on. HMM..... Edited by pszczepan

Hi: if you give -24v to 1A- and +24v to 1A+ it means you given over voltage 48v to the internal circuit. i though we need to find out it is a hardware or software problem first. i have draw some circuits for you with LED signal monitoring, hope help.

Hi ! Thanks for drawings. I wrote -24VDC and + 24VDC , but in real it was 0VDC and +24VDC ( I don't have 48VDC in my gabinet). I did wiring as you drew at the first two pictures, without LEDs - I checked onle voltage at the 1A+ and 1A- using voltmeter I will add the LED as you drew. I will change jumper to LD mode and I'll use external 5VDC supply to power 1A+ and 0vdc to 1A-. I will see if it counts. Thanks anyway Pawel Edited by pszczepan

Hello Is there anybody to reply me please? i have a problem in configuring the high speed counter unit CJ1w-CTL41-E with a CJ2M cpu. I have no errors in my ladder program and i coudn't find why i can not see the variable incrementing wiht PRV instruction. thank you in advance

well, i think the response is here http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=27552#entry131794 a reply from "expert" that we can't run some simulation.