Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wover98

Control logix to Motoman Robot

4 posts in this topic

We will be installing a Motoman robot on one of our lines. It will have Motoman's "Anybus" card. The controlnet will cable directly to the card. I am wondering how to use this set up for I/O? I see in the manual that I need to map to memory addresses. I know,........I am over my head. Motoman's response has been so far........we will send you a book. I can see that the memory maping is like : 20060....b7 b6 b5 b4 b3 b2 b1 b0 as the fieldbus input byte 1 20080....b15 b14 b13 b12 b11 b10 b09 b08 as the fieldbus input byte 2 etc. etc. How do I address a tag to turn these bits on and off? Hope I gave enough info. Thanks Guys. Forgot to mention, I do have rsnetworx for control net. Edited by wover98

I have never done a Motoman with "Anybus" all of ours where AB RIO and worked according to their book. Don't panic just yet. Get and read their book it will open your eyes I am confident. They also have some fairly good tech support people if you've tried something and hit a brick wall. Others may have experience and post. Good luck.

The Anybus adapter will come with instructions on which I/O Assemblies, datatypes, and sizes to configure in RSLogix 5000. You'll configure the robot as a "Generic ControlNet Module" and enter the Assembly data for the Input, Output, and Configuration connections. The Logix tags will be of the format Robot:I.Data[0], Robot:O.Data[0], etc.

Thanks Ken, Thats what I was looking for. Thanks to all who replied.