Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sajid

TwinCAT PLC & DDE

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using TwinCAT PLC(demo) just to familiarize myself with softPLCs.I have been searching for some kindof documentation to know more about using DDE to communicate TwinCAT variables with some other application like Excel.But could not find any. Can someone please tell me how to do this.How can I create a hot link in Excel fiel to read TwinCAT variable?Does TwinCAT support DDE in the first place? Thanks for your answers. Sajid.

TwinCAT does not support DDE - or I've never heard it does. To access its variables out of other OLE soft use OPC. There's a trial version of their OPC server.

The .NET class or the ActiveX control is the cleanest way to get variable values and they are both free. Go to the Beckhoff website and download the TwinCAT ADS Communication Library.

Hello I've started a TwinCAT Developers group on Linkedin to provide a forum for all levels of TwinCAT developers to discuss issues, problems and solutions. My company KineticaRT (www.kineticart.co.uk) has been developing solutions using TwinCAT for several years and it would have been great, during that time, to have been able to share our problems with others. Support from our in-country Beckhoff agent was great, but some of our problems might have been solved more quickly or elegantly based on peer knowledge. So please join the group ( http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1860933 ) and use it to share knowledge. Thank you Simon Hedges