Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donovanr

Mechatrolink Servo Origin Search

3 posts in this topic

Hi All I have used on a previous project Mechatrolink-II Servos (R88D-WN02H-ML2 Driver) in Positioning Mode. However i had an issue with the Homing (Origin Search) setup where it would only use the Z Phase to Home. According to the Manual I554-E1-02 you can use the Origin return deceleration switch which is what i would prefer rather than the Z phase. Once you connect a prox to the Origin return deceleration switch Input, then carryout a origin search the prox goes High but then keeps searching for the next Z phase also. Not good! Using CX Motion you set up your CJ1W-NCF71 card for each individual axis. The options for the Homing input are either Z Phase, or External Latch Input 1-3. This homing procedure is very different to the Smart Step series Is anyone using a NCF card controlling positional servos with home prox's Thanks Edited by Donovanr

Hello, I think maybe there's a missunderstood. 1st of all notice that Unit version 2.0 has more homing modes than previous NCF units. Refere to I554-E1-05, and latest CX-ONE. Homing procedure for NCF is in 2 steps: (1) Proximity switch (that in Unit version 2.0 or higher is optional). (2) Mark detection (Z, or external). I assume you are trying to do the home, but only using (1) -> I'ts not possible. Procedure for units prior to 2.0 is (1)+(2) Procedure for units 2.0 or ahigher is (1 optional) +(2). Please read carefully the manual. Usage of Function Blocks and CX-Motion NCF (last version) will help you

Hello Thanks for your update Its seems Omron have made the update from Unit version 1.3 (Used in my last application). There are definitely more options in Unit version 2 Yes the function blocks work the treat