nguyenthanhcanh

CP1L Modbus RTU-Easy Master

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I use CP1L-20 + CP1W-CIF11 to communication with E5CN (modbus) Port 1: Serial gateway, standard (9600,1,7,2,e) --> corrected (9600,1,8,1,n) (parity as n/o/e same as E5CN side) D32200= #0001 (Slave address) D32201= #0003 (Function: Read) D32202= #0004 (Bytes of Comm. Data) D32203= #0000 (Read PV) D32204= #0001 (1 register) --> corrected #0002 A641.00=ON The result is nothing happenning: COMM LED not flash, A641.00 always ON, nothing in result area Please help me. (Note: I tested in Compoway/F mode using FB --> OK) Edited by nguyenthanhcanh

Please look closely at the length setup for the commands. Easy_Modbus_Master.pdf

Thank Jay for the help. I checked again and surprised that I must use port 2 (while only one port on CP1L-L20DR-A). See attached picture. I think Omron has some mistakes for memory mapping. PV: 1A = 26 oC Edited by nguyenthanhcanh

Thanks Jay, I am going to commission my first 'Modbus Easy Master' on a CP1H next week - the document you posted may save me some time! Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

On 9/17/2007 at 4:42 PM, Jay Anthony said:

Please look closely at the length setup for the commands. Easy_Modbus_Master.pdf

Hi Jay,

Could you please post again the Easy_Modbus_Master pdf?, I am unable to download the file on the current link, as the link might be already broken.

Thank you.

Hi IO_Rack,

Thanks for the link,  I'm studying the MODBUS, specifically on the CP1L plc unit.  

I have downloaded files and manuals pertaining to the modbus, using cp1e, cp1L and CJ's....but still could not wrap my head around the topic.....  on the DM and register addressing.

Cheers.