Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MIKE31

PANEL VIEW 550 COMMUNICATION

4 posts in this topic

HI First thanks for all the help . I have a question about panel view 550. How can I communicate with PV 550 using DH 485. Panel view already connected to slc processor 5/03 through DH 485 terminal and the only port available is com port on the processor that we use null modem cable to go on line . I wonder what is the arrangement to communicate with the panel view terminal Many thanks MIKE31 Edited by MIKE31

...if you have a 1747-PIC, there is a connection on the BACK of the panel view you can connect to....

...but you won't be able to do anything if you connect directly to it, because the PanelView won't supply power to the -PIC. You'll need an -AIC to get things going. You'll need two if you want to connect without disconnecting the SLC Edited by Gerry

Just ran into the same problem this morning. Plug the PanvelView 550 DH485 port into the SLC-5/03 DH485 port, then plug the A-B serial cable and your programming terminal into the RS-232 port on the SLC or the PanelView. With this communication setup, you can program both the PanelView and the SLC from the same connection spot. Note that in order to communicate with the PanelView, it must be connected to a PLC which is powered up at the time. The PanelView requires 24VDC from the PLC through the DH485 line in order to establish communications, even when setting up the program for the first time.