Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Messaging from Control Logix to a Micrologix 1100

5 posts in this topic

I haven't done too much messaging between these two animals, and I may find I can't but here is what I got. I have a Compact Logix 1769-L32E Ethernet Port CPU and a Micrologix 1100. I was trying to setup a SLC READ in the control logix to the micrologix 1100. I setup a path like this: LocalENB, 0, 192.168.0.111 and this LocalENB, 1, 192.168.0.111 and this LocalENB, 2, 192.168.0.111 192.168.0.111 is the Micrologix 1100. I keeping getting an error code 311. Which says: Port not available Is it possible to message this way or do I have my path syntax messed up? I see there are KB docs on messaging the other way. Message from a micrologix 1100 to a controllogix, but I didn't find much on messaging from a controllogix to a micrologix 1100. I guess I could do a write in the ML1100 verses a READ in the compact logix, but I wondered if I had my path wrong?

I've got a 1769-L35E and an SLC 505 let me play tonight and I'll post the results hope that helps.

The last path syntax is the correct one. Port 2 on any Logix network module is the network port. Your example looks a lot like the one in Knowbase Answer ID # 31122. Be sure the message is a CIP type message, and that the source element exists. One other thing to try would be to add a "1, 0" to the end of the Path, in case the MicroLogix 1100 is emulating a Logix in Slot 0. Just a thought.

I changed my path to this: LocalENB, 2, 192.168.0.111,1,0 I get a different error now: 16# 0008 unsupported service request I looked at your ID, yes, that's pretty much the same, only in that example they are doing a WRITE, I am doing a READ. Also, I've run into funny things with Micrologix 1100, verses using a SLC 5/05... Here are my screen shots:

Well CRAP... I took out the ONE SHOT BIT.... And just left the my TOGGLE BIT in the message rung, and that fixed it. I changed the path back to: LocalENB, 2, 192.168.0.111 I guess it needs longer that a one shot scan to excute the message so it doesn't error out...silly me... Never mine, works now... This RUNG works...