Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jerrycat

Micrologix 1000 fault

6 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone. I have recently encontered the same problem with two different Micrologix 1000 PLC. when power is connected to the PLC the fault led is lit and communication is not possible with the PLC. sometimes when power is switch off and on again, the error is gone and communication is possible with the PL but most of the time the fault led is on. have any encountered this problem and what are the remedies. One PLC can have and hardware fault but two doesn't seem likely. Best Regards

Good quality power supply. Check your ground, after you have checked it check it again then check it again!! Noise? Put surge protection on outputs. Edited by Mickey

Have you used the internal 24v dc supplied by the PLC for driving anything? If so you could be pulling down the internal power supply. Since you have not stated what the error code is I am guessing the processor dosen't start processing to record the error code. Check supply voltage to rthe PLC and check the specifications for supply

Well if you have communication, I can only assume that it is from a some type of operator interface. In which case look at the OI and reset any production Counters or Timers. Other wise just go online with RSLogix 500 and look at the fault and minimaly find out what it is and fix it before you clear it. If they are old units 7 - 10 years + and the fault is the Retentive Data Lost (or somthing like that). plan on replacing the unit.

To share with you all, It seems like the Micrologix PLC's that i am using are affected by a know technical issue which has been confirmed by Rockwell Attomation. This has been discribed i a word document Rockwell Automation Answer ID 34047 The PLC's will be replaced at no charge. Thanks to You all. Micrologix_1000_release_note.doc

I think I am going to see if I have any of the old ones that I have replace with the "Retentive Data Lost" issue and verify.