Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bugger_123

R7D-AP01H smartstep driver

18 posts in this topic

hi, i have smartstep driver R7D-AP01H, can i use external ( no omron ) pulse generator to run this unit with servomotor? i need only change rotation cw or ccw and speed control ( i think by freq. of pulses ) and how i need connect this to CN1 ? from my controller i get only two outputs - steps and dir

Absolutely. I've successfully used them with Alen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Panasonic/Aromat PLC and pulse generator modules. Just do not forget to use current limiting resistors in CW/CCW circuits if your signal source is over 5V. Edited by Sergei Troizky

this is good news for me, but can you made me drawing how made this connections? or any link for this, sorry but i just start working with omron ( i have few smartstep drivers and i want use this for few projects )

hi, i know it is very simple to you, but i never do this with omron before, so if you can....

Hi, Have you seen the connection examples in the manual ... see attached .pdf below. Take special note: (as mentioned by Sergei) at 5VDC the pulse inputs can be direct wired at 24VDC the pulse inputs must have resistors to limit input currents (or else you will smoke the input circuits after a short time) You need to select your input resistors to ensure your input currents on the CW and CCW inputs are between 7mA to 15mA - see .pdf called 'input' This is shown on the examples, it should be easy to work out how to connect a generic pulse generator ... delete the omron unit on the left and add your own device(s) (you could even use a rotary encoder as the pulse generator ) To get going you will not need to connect: ECRST, Z, ZCOM, RESET, ALMCOM, ALM, BKIR. Note: all .pdfs here are extracted from the user manual I533 - do you have this manual ?? Nibroc Connection.pdf Input.pdf Edited by Nibroc

The R7D Smartstep drives feature positioning mode only. They are actually stepmotors from the control system point of view. The drive control (but not step) inputs are exact equivalent of any PLC DC inputs and +24V terminal is their common, assuming sinking control signals. The inputs, however, are polarity-insensitive. Hence, the +24V terminal may be connected to the logic COM in order to control drive by sourcing signals. These inputs may be directly connected to PLC DC outputs of proper polarity. The drive outputs are open collector sinking transistors and may be directly connected to PLC DC inputs. Outputs with individual COM terminal may be wired for sourcing output signal. The step inputs wiring is described very well in Nibroc's post. The minimum required signal to operate the drive (assuming a motor without brake) is RUN which is actually ENABLE. Without this signal or on drive error the motor is inhibited and has no torque. With enabled non-erroneus drive the motor has holding torque and may be moved by applying step pulses. The /ALM output (inverted alarm, that is OK) indicates no drive error. The drive generates OK regardless of being enabled. It is ready to move after 2-3 secs generating OK. It may be enabled at any time, before or after this delay, but all positioning steps applied before this delay will be lost. As long as the drive is ready to move as stated and enabled, it may be deemed executing all the positioning steps applied*. Hence, the motor position may be known without feedback, by the total number and direction of positioning steps applied (this is the positioning unit absolute coordinate, if properly preset). If unable to follow or maintain the positioning target on motor overload or blockage, the drive falls into error after about 1 sec. Be aware that if the motor is unblocked before the error appears, it may accelerate up to maximum speed in attempt to approach the moving away target. The same applies to non-moving motor when it is forced out of position by external force- it will jump back to target position as soon as the force disappears, if the drive is not in error yet. The RST input resets the drive errors. The signal active edge is rising. Some errors may require the drive control power restart for reset. Any error may be reset by the drive control power restart. *In CW/CCW mode the non-active direction step input must be inactive, otherwise the motor will not move. Motor steps per revolution= 8000/(G1/G2) if the drive is configured by parameters. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Hi Sergei 'RUN' was not listed as not required?? None of the above connections are required to make the motor turn?? I assumed a first step would be to put the system on the bench and make the motor go ... a full system would come later - yes a real system would need some, maybe all of these functions to be connected. Thanks Nibroc

OK, i connected my pulse generator (cubloc cb220 with my software) output to pins 1,2 ( this is 5V output so without resistors), and i connected 24 Vdc to pins 13,14 , motor is energized but nothing happen, when i connected my generator to no omron stepper motor driver all working fine, where is a problem?

I am not familiar with the mentioned generator. What is the pulse outputs electrical format? 5V definition is not enough. Is it a line driver, TTL, tri-state logic, open collector, voltage output? Edited by Sergei Troizky

this is a 5V TTL signal, i can made configuration like pulse generator or 16bit PWM (configurable 35Hz to 1.5 MHz), for now i use pulse generator options

TTL active signal is sinking, so your conections for step signals must be: -CW and -CCW to generator TTL outputs. +CW and +CCW to +5VDC.

IT'S WORKING ! all is OK, many tks. Edited by bugger_123

Hello,I am a French guitar maker.I learnt in Galway!!! Happy it is working! I need some help for a cnc project using omron smartstep R7d driver. I have some wrong encoder cable.I bought it second hand and cannot afford the expensive original cables. Comming out the motor they are red /grey/blue/blue and black /green/green and black/yelow/yelow and black. Is there someone who can tell me wich correspond to E0V/E5V/A+/A-/B+/B-/S+/S-. The logic give me some hint but I wouldn’t like to go wrong. Thanks a lot.

Here is a Manual: http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/marcom/pdfcata...an?OpenDocument and this is the original cable. Just trace the connector pins wiring on yours using an ohmmeter or a circuit tester..

I have used the command PLS2(887). when I change the number of pulse or the target frequency, the speed of servo also change. However, it runs incessantly. I moved: P = #0; M = #0; S = #C8; S + 1 = #C8; target frequency: S + 2 = #2710; S+3 = #0 -> #0 2710 = 10,000 hz number of pulses: S + 4 = #1388; S + 5 = #0 ->#0 1388 = 5,000 First frequency: = #0 I want to question: - I only use 100.08 to start my servo, then to perform PLS2(887). What do I need to stop servo because I realized it doesn't stop. - If my servo work with parameter in above, how much it rotare? Edited by nguyenthucuc

The instruction will restart in every PLC scan if its condition remains true. Use differential format @PLS2.

thanks to "sergei troizky" Edited by nguyenthucuc