Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geek

MICROLOGIX 1200 COMMS PROBLEM

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a micrologix 1200 plc which has faulted. The fault LED is On but not blinking. I cannot go into the plc. I've tried DF1 and DH485 using the 1767-UIC but havent succeded. Is there any way to clear the fault or reset the plc. I've searched through the post and done the recommendations but no success yet. Your help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

A solid red fault LED indicates a major hardware fault. The controller probably isn't even booting up all the way and is just running the diagnostic circuits. I approach hard-faulted controllers by stripping off their accessories. Disconnect any expansion modules. Cycle power a few times. Manually check the temperature to make sure the power supply isn't overheating. Unplug any communication cables. If reducing the controller to the base module and cycling power doesn't result in a flashing red LED, then there is something that has malfunctioned that cannot be reset and you need to replace the controller.

Check this Technote Gives the same information as Ken noted http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

Hello there, this is my first post so please be gentle with me. I'm experiencing a steady fault LED with my MicroLogix 1200, but it happens during a program download. I am able to download OK, then after a while I get the fault led coming on at the 'writing function files' stage of the download, then I lose comms and the download times out. I then have to power down the PLC to reset the fault, causing the PLC to revert to it's default empty state, then attempt the download again. I eventually get the program to download but it's very hit and miss (more miss than hit). I have had a look round and found that this could be caused by having an active DDE application and both RSLogix500 and the other application are using the same driver in RSLinx, causing the download to become corrupted. This puzzles me, as the only DDE applications I have running are RSLogix500 and RSLinx. I am talking to my MicroLogix using a 1761-CBL-PM02 and using as USB/RS232 converter and the AB RS232-DF1 driver in RSLinx. Once I have the program downloaded and am monitoring it, I have no problems. Has anyone else had a similar problem? And how did you get around it? Thanks in advance FB

Thank you all for the information. I'm sorry i was away for a while. I will try it and get back. Thanks once again.

Here is a Technote regarding your problem with Downloading the program. PLC_Fault_when_Downloading_Program.pdf

its happen to me lots of time these pas days too ! And i do not use any DDE connection

hi guys , plse help

I have a micrologic 1200 plc model number :1762-L40BXB . and i communicate this plc to hmi  then i give the setting through hmi via .but that is not fix its erased the setting .so i and see  what promblem ,that promblem is plc micrologic 1200 .so plse answer me.

Totally mt problem is setting erased.

You have a MicroLogix 1200 PLC, model 1762-L40BXB, and it communicates with a HMI.  You "give the setting" through the HMI, "but that is not fix".  Please clarify the setting that is erased?  A screenshot can help both of us, if you have the ability to do so.