Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitsibushiman

GX Developer

32 posts in this topic

I have over the last year been using GX IEC Developer v5.0 for writing/modifying mitsi plc progs and am finally getting to grips with it!, with some help from regulars in this forum!. I have now also got GX Developer v6.0 after reading extensively about it here, and have to say that im struggling with it already! though my question is relatively simple when you d/l a prog from the cpu into GX Developer how do you toggle between the devices and their labels?. Also if the original program in the cpu was written using GX IEC then altered using GX Dev (rival contractors again <> grrrr!), when you download the prog using GX i only get the devices in X,Y,M,D format rather than in label format how do i get the labels back, as i wrote the prog i find it easier to work with the labels as it jogs my memory!. Or possibly more to the point am i totally missing the point, and when i upload the original prog using GX IEC are the labels uploded as well or just the devices??? Cheers all :*-(

There are significant differences between GX IEC Developer and GX Developer, but I'll try to explain the most significant difference which is the way that it handles the code that you write. In GX, what you write in ladder or list gets sent to the plc - straight forward. In GXIEC you can create your programs in any or all of the 5 IEC language editors. So say for example your program consists of 5 pou's each written in one of the editors, Lad, FBD, ST etc. What is written to the PLC is not what you see on the screen. At the end of the day, all that is written to the PLC is melsec instruction list. The PLC itself does not understand, for example, what structured text is! GXIEC contains a "compiler" which translates all your nice symbolic graphical work (which you understand) into raw instruction list (which the PLC understands). Try writing a small program in IEC and then read it back in GX and you'll see what I mean. When the compiler does its job and converts your symbolic information into List and transfers to the PLC, there is the option to also download the symbolic information (on the download project options). Thus both the list and symbolic will be transferred to the PLC, then, you will be able to come along with a blank laptop and upload the symbolic information and you will have your "IEC" graphical code uploladed. There are dangers, the most significant one is that the symbolic information is stored in a seperate area to the program code. For A&FX this memory area is straight after the program code finishes. So when someone comes along and modified the program using a different editor (medoc or GX dev), the symbolic information will be destroyed (and there is no going back!). This means that when you upload in GX IEC, there is no symbolic information to read back so it will uploac the program in instruction list. It sounds to me like this is what has hapened to you! your other question about GXDeveloper was how to toggle between device addresses and comments? If comments are stored in the GX Developer file (unlikely if you've uploaded) they can be viewed from the View - Comment menu, if they exist at all. One point that must always be remembered with the IEC developer package is correct version control! You must always go online with the latest version - i.e. one where the code generation times of the project match.

Cheers Nav One final question though!, when i download a project into GX Dev from the cpu a nd save it to my laptop hdd, how when i reopen the project (offline from cpu and in workshop for example) do i insert device labels instead of having X1,X2 etc on the ladder??

I use GX IEC 4.0 and I OS is WIN XP. My PLC is Q12HCPU. How I communicate with PLC via USB port. THANK YOU!!!

I use a usb to serial converter cable with the SC-09 cable The usb to serial converter is fom maplin elecytronics

In the transfer setup in GX developer, double click the yellow box on PC side serial, you can then select com1 or usb port

am a beginner for mits/plc. kindly help me to translate this program output [ T0 K0 K7 D215 K1] and this [T0 K0 K3 H200 K1]. am more familiar with allen-bradley so i have difficulty understanding it.

You have expansion module on the right side of PLC, This isnstruction is TO (move data to expansion module): K0 - first expansion module K7 - word number 7 in the module you will wrie data to D215 - contents of D215 will be written to word 7 of module K1- 1 word long So total will be: D215 from PLC will be writtem to word 7 of the first module. Get manual for expansion module to find description of words Edited by PLC_Cables

Hi i need information about, how make one serial cable from pc and plc if some person know this information plase send me at my e-mail adreess is virtualfox@hotmail.com or ifknow where download the melsec medoc software plase send me th adreess tanks for your help

I would add that opening a project in V5 that was developed in V4 can have disasterous results. I have found that the PLC Parameter data, the switch info in particular can shift along a slot on the rack!! In addition, if you mistakenly open a V4 project in V5 a box will pop up telling you something along the lines of "do you want to upgrade your V4 project"......however, even if you say "No" and exit V5 and then try and open it in V4 the project will be knackered and won't open. Luckily, I've never personally been caught out to the point of "being stuffed!". The old moral; "always work from backups" and "Project Backup" regularly has never been more true. Ian.

LOOKING TO BUY A COPY OF GX DEVELOPER , CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME .

LOOKING TO BUY A COPY OF GX DEVELOPER , CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME . blayton1212@aol.com

Did you try contacting Mitsubishi? They should be able to provide contact information for their distributors in your area. Visit : www.meau.com

I've used IEC61131 languages with other process controllers and plcs, but I'm new to Mitsubishi. I'm interested in starting to use Mitsubishi plcs with IEC. My Mits vendor tells me that only a particular CPU of the Q series supports the IEC61131 languages, however the post by navillusi on Nov 20 2003, 03:22 AM seems to indicate that A and FX series CPU's are also programmable with GX IEC Developer. Is this correct? Can anyone point me to a web page that defines the CPU's supported by GX IEC Dev? Thanks.

I use both GX IEC Dev (Ver 5.00) and GX Dev (Ver 6) and i can assure you GX IEC programs FX, A and QnA CPUs. I have personally used GX IEC ver 5.00 to program FX2N, A2SH and Q2AS CPUs. :-p I could be wrong but i think GX IEC Ver6.00 supports nearly all the current mitsi CPUs (Im still waiting for my upgrade (250 quid!!! )) Edited by mitsibushiman

However now there is new GX Developer 8.03D with full compatibility with Win.XP Hi Max

Who cares... It's probably still 16-bit application just like all other Mitsubishi software. They all do work under XP anyway (except that obsoleted software for 800 GOT which cannot transfer application to/from GOT under XP - it was written for Win3.1 and Win95).

I need site key(activation code)of gx developer v8.03...

Hey man!!! Password or key activated is not allow or share at this site <>

I 'd like to study GX Developer I would use educational purpose personally Please help me

The thing is, PLC software is not free. In fact it is very expensive.

And you think by not giving people S/N somehow makes buying software cheaper? They should have it free like Medoc. It's their way of making more money since people who need this soft already bought a PLC. I think users should curcumvent their protection measures! They'll get tired of spending money protecting it and give it away. For example, When you buy a new printer or scanner do you also have to pay for soft?

I've seen this a lot here and I just don't think it's so. I think a good programmer could come up with something like GX dev in a couple months' time. Six months should yield something much more polished and bugless than GX Dev. I think this has more to do with the "alternate revenue streams" the MBA crowd loves so much. Given that I've paid for three updates of GX dev, and it still sucks, I won't be buying it again. Meau already owes me a working copy, and my copy ain't currently working, thanks to crypserv. Medoc gives me no grief. Edited by larry818

GX Dev uses the crypserv copy protection scheme. It generates a code based on your 'puter's hardware. The code from someone else's 'puter won't necessarily activate it on your 'puter, and is illegal in any case. Better buy it. Edited by larry818

Download it from meau.com. It should activate for 15 days without a key.