Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravitar

Good deal on new GE micro PLCs?

4 posts in this topic

Let me first say that I have absolutely no involvement with this seller, just stumbled across the listing on ebay. I'm not sure what GE charges for these, but it looks like a really good deal to me: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=150115096897

It looks like somebody has a stash of these units. They are not the current GE Fanuc Micro PLC product. The Series 90 Micro line has been superceded by the VersaMax Micro. When GE Fanuc was selling them, they were manufactured in Singapore, so it appears this is someone who had (has?) access to the factory where they were made. At that price, the seller may be fencing stolen goods. Regardless, they are a viable PLC, and they can be programmed using the current programming software. Be aware that the programming port on them is RS485, so you will spend more on a cable and converter than on the PLC.

Bought one. What can I find for free programming software for this PLC?

There is no free software I am aware of. You still need to buy the software from GE. Same software should program the new ones and the old ones.