Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deke2006

Latching Bit?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, Is there a latching bit, that when set it stays set even if loss of power? Thanks, Deke

HR bits will retain status through a power failure. You should use the KEEP (11) instruction with the HR bit. Hope this will help.

Thanks!

Not at all. HR maintains its status regardless of the way it was set.

What gtsupport probably meant, was to use an instruction that will not be reset when power is re-applied, by using a conditional output. If a set/reset, or keep is used, and the reset conditions are not enabled when power is applied after a power failure, then the status of the bit should be retained.

I will agree with your statement. My concern is if the initial logic after power is restored does not maintain the "on" status, the bit will reset. ____ scott posted while I was replying. That is exactly my point, but much better wording. Edited by gtsuport

The following logic will also work without the use of the SET RESET / KEEP The HR bits if true before power down will be true for the first scan of the program at power up.. hence a set / keep function will maintain their state but so to will the self latch logic...