Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Simon Tew

A2N PLC Mircocomputer program problem

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I need to convert a old A2N PLC into Q series. But there are some microcomputer program inside the A2N which mainly for PID control. Does anyone know how to upload the microcomputer program? And is it possible to convert everything from A2N to Q? Thanks.

The microcomputer program is probably made with IDR block. However there werre some standard blocks (***.OBJ) made for PID which you could download with melsec medoc Dos. For you still have the original medoc files? The System Q can handle PID from within the standard program so the micorcomputer program isn't needed anymore. On the Mitsubishi website you can download a converter tool (and A to Q manuals) which will let you check the A2N program against the system Q program after you have converted it into system Q with GX Developer. It will create a HTML file which shows the problems you'd will have to look at. All info you can find here: http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/publ...ansition_Center

Thanks Gambit, I have the Medoc ver 2.3 but there is no any ***.obj files. Where I can get it? Is possible to upload from A2N PLC including microcomputer code? What software to be used as the GX Developer was unable to perform this task. I need to upload from existing system to confirm and verify the code before any conversion. Need advice. Thanks.

I don't know if it is possible to upload from the micromemory? This is a sample program of the PID used in a medoc program with the neccesary *.OBJ file. You could check if the PID part is the same. PID_CONTROL_DATA.zip

Thanks. I just opened the file with Medoc 2.3 but how to view the microcomputer program section? And where I can get those .OBJ files and its source. Need advice!

You can't open the microcomputer program with medoc. Maybe it's possible to upload with IDR block but i don't think so. But if your program uses the same D registers for the PID as in the program i've uploaded. It should be safe bet that the standard PID block(**.OBJ) was used. In that case you can use normal Q PID instructions Edited by Gambit

Since I don't have any reference materials of **.OBJ, can you explain more in detail? My program look like this: -----[mov h294 d9090] -----[sub h78] this type instruction have more 5 within the program. -----[mov h1f4 d9090] -----[sub h75] this type instruction have 1 within the program.

My program look like this: -----[mov h294 d9090] -----[sub h78] this type instruction have more 5 within the program. -----[mov h1f4 d9090] -----[sub h75] this type instruction have 1 within the program. Hope this makes it clearer: D9090 holds the first register used for the called instruction(SUB ....): Since D9090(H294) = D660 (strange to mov it as HEX though) SUB H78 means PID INIT instruction SUB H75 means PID CONT instruction Oke now comes the ticky part: Did you seee the txt file which was with the program? It has the control data inside it's in dutch but i think you'll get the meaning if not i'll translate it. Every SUB H78 instruction consist of three registers: 1st If this is either 0 which means common data will be changed of not it's the PID loop nr of which you want to change data 2nd This the parameter you wich to change( so 1-3 for the common data or 1-10 for loop data) 3rd The new value for the parameter In short you probably only have one PID loop for which 5 parameters are set: From D500 etc you'll get your I/O data SV PV MV SW0PCPID_GB.TXT Edited by Gambit

Thanks again. Now I am much understanded the whole structure of Microcomputer PID program. Wonder where to get the full explaination of usage of microcomputer program i.e. Standard PID control.