Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Svga hardware question for hmi

4 posts in this topic

I have a need to remotely locate a computer montior 100 feet from the CPU unit, don't know if I will get this or not... I've located a 100 feet SVGA extension ($89.00), but I know that the video will not be that great on the other end because of past experience with "ghosting" using extension cables of 25 feet. I've also had MAJOR color loss at 25 feet...using a supposed "high quailty" SVGA cable. (monitor looked all REDISH) Has anyone ever connected a monitor 100 feet or more before? What hardware did you use? Did you have to use another signal protocol? Like BNC or something like that? Or did you find an Amp box for SVGA? Is this possible or out of the question? I thought of using a TV instead of using a monitor, but STILL the image would look pretty ugly on a TV...ugh... If I went this route, it would flow like this: SVGA signal to a TV/SVGA convert box ($169.00 at Rat Shack) that gives me composite RCA. Take the RCA into an RF inject box ($39.99 at Rat Shack) that gives me a coax output on Channel 3. Tune my TV to channel 3, run a 100 feet coax cable instead of SVGA. Any ideas?

How About OmniView™ Monitor Extender Belkin Part Number: F1D088 The Belkin OmniView™ Monitor Extender connects your monitor or projector up to 250 feet away from its source. Perfect for use in large classrooms, presentations, and other venues that use a large-screen projector. Cost around $70. check out the belkin site Belkin Monitor Extender

Now that's what I am talking about! Chris, you ROCK!

If you need it there are also available splitters which would allow you to have one monitor at the base unit and one at the remote location showing the same information. What are you actually using this for. Chris