BITS N BYTES

CX-One AUTO UPDATE topic

75 posts in this topic

<RANT> So up to now, I've downloaded and installed the following CXOne V3 updates, which are found by the Auto update... Now quite by accident, I find this, which ISN'T part of the auto update. Why? There's a CX Drive upgrade to 1.5 and then a CX Drive 1.5 database upgrade!!! Downloaded the CX Drive update (70Meg). Now for the Database upgrade, and I see this. What the hell do I download??? Why do I have to search for some updates? How do I document this? How do I expect my customers to find this? Very very poor. </RANT> Pp

I agree, but this is much better than before. so, keep improving. Maybe someone know, since this patches are not just patches but whole application - e.g. CX-Designer update is 125MB - maybe it is not needed to install all updates but only the last one? I guess, given the size of the files, that every new update - which is whole app - already includes earlier updates. is it true?

Anyone else having problems connecting to the update servers? Customer called on Tuesday and was having problems. I have been trying since then, and can not connect. I have connected in the past without problem. I even tried turning off anti virus, etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Since reading your post, I have connected to the server and I am downloading updates right now. It is slow but the updates have always been slow for me.

Same here, but we are probably on server in Europe.

Install Shield Update Manager 'waved' at me again this morning. Updates to CX-P, Integrator, Server CompoNet Driver (CompoNet added), Designer (Modbus RTU support - not sure how - have not had time to have a look), Process, and Common Components (CompoNet added). The Update Manager now 'remembers' what is there for download - what a huge improvement instead of haveing to wait for ages for it to have another look. The download speeds seemed to have improved imeasurably - must have put in a faster link from the server to the internet. Common Components downloaded but did not save in the downloaded files folder for some reason. Hence cannot see CompoNet in integrator etc. Do not know why it did this. Can see CompoNet in Server though. Would not have updated the information for CompoNet in CX-P either as it did not save and therefore I have not installed it. Also nice new descritpions on the folders in downloaded files and description of changes in the Update Manager window as to what the changes are to the update. This is good but it would also be good for Omron to fill this information in to the 'properties - summary' area of the file properties. At present this is blank with no description of the update. I do not know how many of you look there for information on files. I use it all the time - very handy. Can still only download one file at a time but this is not as painfull as it was because the Update Manager now has a memory. Getting better but I would like to be able to save the Common Component update so I can install it. Also good to see CompoNet becoming part of Integrator instead of a separate manager. UPDATE TO ABOVE Used the update feature in CX-One and I was able to download, save and install Common Components. CompoNet now appears in Integrator. Only Profibus to go now. Download speed for Common Components reported between 120/160 kbs - a big improvement. Definately must have put in a faster link. Well done Omron!!! Edited by BobB

I'm seeing the opposite. D/L speeds from 10-60KB/s. Took more than two hours to download the April updates. It's the age of Gigabit Ethernet and Omron's update gizmo acts like it's on dialup.

I am surprised you find it slow. It is working really well for me now at the described rates. Just updated again last weekend - CP1L V1?

I'm in the USA on the east coast and my speeds are slow as well... about the speeds Gary.Johnson describes. Edited by IO_Rack

Had a small problem with the last lot of updates. All files downloaded to the usual place -Downloaded Updates - CX-One except the latest CPS update 2008_04_0201. It downloaded but could not be found for some reason. It did allow me to install on line though - strange.

Latest CX-One updates included a new Upgrade download utility. Looks like its way faster and the interface is easier to use. IMO a big improvement over the old one A description window shows the version update information and a history window keeps track of all installed updates for every CX-One program!

I have been using the Install Shield wizard rather than the update utility. The new update utility finds updates faster for me but the download speeds are about the same. Interestingly the Install Shield wizard would not download the CX-D latest update because there are script erros on the page. You are correct though, it is much better and the history screen is most useful. Edited by BobB

I am having problems with my upgrade utility. Everytime I boot up my laptop, I get a message saying there is a new version of the upgrade utility. I click OK and then I get an InstallShield message box saying it failed to complete installation. How do I get around this problem? I contacted our local Omron rep. but so far no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

23-11-2016 4-09-28 PM.bmp

23-11-2016 4-18-45 PM.bmp

Do you have a virus scanner running?

Do you have full admin rights on the machine?

Mine updated no problem.

My software does something similar, but my issue is related to Network Configurator.  It seemed to start happening when I added an EtherNet/IP EDS file.  I copied and modified one and then added it to Network Configurator.  This is the second time that this has happened to me.  The last time that it happened, the next autoupdate fixed the issue.  I could not figure out another way to do it.  For now, I just keep hitting cancel when it pops up.  If anyone has any ideas, I am willing to try them.

Same problem as kku.

Tells me there is an upgrade.

The InstallShield appears and that is all she wrote.

Any ideas??

Auto Update Issue.png

No issues here - all up to date without any problems.

10 hours ago, Guided_monkey said:

Same problem as kku.

Tells me there is an upgrade.

The InstallShield appears and that is all she wrote.

Any ideas??

Auto Update Issue.png

I gave up and called Omron Canada and they gave me links to download CX-One updates.

15 hours ago, kku said:

I gave up and called Omron Canada and they gave me links to download CX-One updates.

Great minds etc...e-mailed Omron NZ with issue.

Waiting for response.

It seems strange that some of you are having this problem while others are having no problem at all. I just checked yesterday to make sure that my systems are all up to date and everything shows as current.

I always do a download first then install the individual modules. Are those of you having problems doing the automatic install??

14 minutes ago, Mendon Systems said:

It seems strange that some of you are having this problem while others are having no problem at all. I just checked yesterday to make sure that my systems are all up to date and everything shows as current.

I always do a download first then install the individual modules. Are those of you having problems doing the automatic install??

I tried both ways. I usually download and then install but this didn't work. I then tried to install directly and this worked for some time so I was doing this for a little while. Then nothing worked after there was an Omron update to the AutoUpdate Software. I couldn't even install the new AutoUpdate Software.

I just install it without issue - it is up to date.

On 8/27/2007 at 11:40 AM, PdL said:

Which module are you talking about Bob ?

Sir  I got an error when I installing cx server lite 2.2.0.6 in my laptop, like system cannot find path c:/program files /omron /cxserver /release notes.txt