BITS N BYTES

CX-One AUTO UPDATE topic

75 posts in this topic

We have a 3 User License for CX-One V2.01 only one license is installed on laptop. Ran an auto update yesterday on the laptop which upgraded the following:- CX-Programmer from V7.1 to V 7.2 CX-Designer from V2.0 to V2.1 Performed NEW installation on desktop and ran auto-updater for all available updates. Installed all new files just fine BUT it only gets as far as CX-Programmer V7.1 and CX-Designer V2.0. We now have two PC's with different versions. How do we update the desktop??? Is there some kind of delay [wait an hour, a day, a week???] before the auto update "searches" for the next latest version? Have tried restarting computer but still no success!! The auto update website show a message:- Auto-update service for CX-One newest version is available from 22 August 2007 16:00 GMT. Sorry for putting the inconvenience. but does not appear to have installed it OR found the latest upgrades!!! This is a real PITA. One computer ugrades just fine and the other does NOT!!! Any suggestion as to what the problem may be???
1 person likes this

Strange... I asume you restarted the system after performing the first line of updates. Do you use the installshield update manager or the CX-One auto update tool ? You might want to try to flush the cookies on your system ? I like the installshield update manager better, you can set an update schedual and it keeps track of the installed updates and lists the major improvements with every update. Also you can choose to ignore certain updates of CX-One programs you'll never use. Not really a solution but you could download and save the files on disk next time and install on other systems through a portable disk, this saves the downloads at least.

I always download the updates anyway. One compaint - you can only download 1 update at a time. It would be good if you could tick them all and download them. The latest updates have not made the new EthernetI/P module available for the CJ1 in CX-Programmer either. I do not know why.

Which module are you talking about Bob ?

Hi Pim CJ1W-EIP21 and CS1W-EIP21.

Right, heard about those ones, didn't knew they had arrived already...Anyone looking for the manual can find it here: W465-E1-01 SYSMAC CS and CJ Series EtherNet/IP Units OPERATION MANUAL

Have the manual Pim - will put it on the site shortly - your link does not work by the way. Any news about the release of CX-One V3 yet? Are they putting Modbus easy master in the CJ1 and CS1 at all? (As per CP1). Edited by BobB

It does at my side...

Hi Bob I use the CX-One AutoUpdate from the Start Menu (rather than the InstallShield thing) and it lets me select all the updates at once. Worth a try.

Just installed a bagful of updates, but CX-Prog wasn't amongst them - still on 7.1 What gives? Should I have got it? This auto update always seems a bit flaky to me. Pp

There was no CX-P update available. My understanding is that these things are in the cps file. My understanding is that CX-P "reads" the latest cps file installation for available items. Perhaps someone can confirm or correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Bob I update rather than just download. It does, however, download everything first, and creates a folder with all the updates in too. Hey B&B - where did you get CXP 7.2??? Does it have SFC?

Really?!? Which folder? I download as Bob does and have the same complaint. We have a license on a PC that is not connected to the internet, so download is a must for us.

I have not been presented with an update for CX-P from the update site to V7.2. One would imagine that SFC will only be available with a major update where they can charge you for the upgrade. It is pretty major surgery to include SFC in the software.

Perhaps B&B got lucky and 7.2 slipped through LOL

Hi IO_Rack Looking again, only one of today's updates features here. Don't know why. Got a mind of its own. Pp

Not sure if this would be the correct place to post this, but since it was asked. CX-P v7.2 will include SFC. You will need a version 4 processor for SFC. At least we won't not have to wait for CX-One v3.

Yes indeed CX-Progammer V7.2 has SFC capability included. Furthermore CX-Designer V2.1 has a DXF import utility which is a great feature. Tried this today using SAVEAS a DXF V12 from ACAD. Doesn't work well, all text shows up as "LABEL" and drawing is not shown as drawn. Probably some setting in AUTO..BAD that needs tweaking. Cannot for the life of me understand why my laptop got the latest versions but my desktop DID NOT. The only obvious difference is the laptop has XP-Pro and the desktop XP-Home. Tried purging cookies, deleting IE history etc. etc. but with no success. AUTOUPDATE certainly seem to have a mind of its own!!! VERY FRUSTRATING...........

This very well might be the reason... Think I will install home right away LOL

... I too am stuck with CX-P v7.1, I have V4 CPU's available (can edit FB's online etc) however would love to use SFC, and ST directly within a task ... how do we get CX-P v 7.2 ?? (or CX-D v2.1) - are these updates available yet ?? Finally we have the CP1L here in NZ - no more CPM's !! Pity they didn't put an Ethernet port on the CP1L/H instead of the USB - ?? Gripe:- I wish the USB drivers would load (or at least transfer to a handy spot on the HD) with the CX-One install, instead of finding that you need the installation disks the first time you try to connect when on site ... I also prefer to download the updates, and wish I could simply select all the updates at once !! Sorry, a little off topic ... Nibroc

Hi Nibroc Usb drivers appear here on my installation. Don't need installation discs... As an aside, the CP1L looks very impressive.

Hello All, A little oil upon the water... Asia - Pacific (and US I think) CX-One 2.1 inc CX-Programmer 7.2 (c/w SFT and ST at Task level) Europe - CX-One v3.0 inc CX-Programmer 7.2 (available within the next 2 - 3 weeks) - contact your NSCs. Hope this eases the potential confusion

I'll ask our local Omron man when V2.1 will be available - (or will these updates be available via download?) Nibroc

Already have a couple of CP1L PLCs in my possession. Just have to build the control panels now. Price is not bad either. Thanks for the heads up about the USB drivers by the way.

Yes single file DOWNLOAD is indeed an annoyance but pales in comparison in that once one has carried out an AUTOUPDATE there appears to be no way to backtrack and just DOWNLOAD the required updates. THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM. As discussed above my laptop seat with XP-Pro AUTOUPDATED with NO problem and installed the very latest revisions CX-Programmer 7.2 and CX-Designer 2.1 but my Desktop with XP-Home only installed up to CX-Programmer 7.1 and CX-Designer 2.0. The AUTOUPDATE function installs and runs the required *.msi [MicroSoftInstaller] files but does NOT appear store a copy of the *.exe files that would be saved if using DOWNLOAD. Are these *.exe files downloaded during an autoupdate but buried somewhere in the OMRON folder structure? Is there anyway to backtrack in order to get the DOWNLOAD updates? As a last resort could the *.msi files be copied from one seat to another to update to the latest version - or will this totally screw things up? If anyone has copies of the latest download files how about posting them? OMRON really has come a long way in the last couple of years. Documents and manuals on the OMRON 24/7 is now nearly always up to date [prior to that MRPLC.COM was the only reliable source]! The Integrated CX-One package is a great deal! Reliably updating the CX-One Software is a NIGHTMARE SO OMRON, HOW"S ABOUT PUTTING A HIGH PRIORITY ON CLEANING UP THIS AUTOUPDATE MESS!!! Edited by BITS N BYTES