Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nileshsurya

Information about Product Service Advisory from RA

1 post in this topic

Dear Friends This week I came to know about something which can be useful to you all people as well,so i thought that i should share this information with all you people I experienced some problems with a 1756-L61/B series controller, the program from the CPU is vanishing without any reason,first thought was there is some problem with the power supply and grounding to the Controller,so i checked if some problems were with grounding of the panel and found them ok,i redownloaded the program in the controller, this time it ran for 10hrs and again the program vanished,now this is happening every 5 to 8 HRs now,now that we had rectified the power supply problems and checked the grounding for the panel thoroughly,my next doubt was that of faulty hardware,but why the fault was the question,so i just logged on to Rockwell KnowledgeBase and there found out the Product Service Advisory released by Rockwell in May - 2007, This can be found out by clicking the link below http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 and http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1 Click on the links above to access the two technotes which describe this issue in more detail,you must be logged in the KnowledgeBase to access these pages If you are unable to click the links above then log in to Rockwell Knowledgebase and search for two technotes numbered 40149 and 39980 respectively There is one survey tool given for download in the second technote,download and install in and check whether the hardware(if you have) with you is affected and comes under the service advisory or not.This PSA applies for products manufactured within a specified time period only and for specific models and not for all products The problem described is module shutdown due to erroneous data,but the problem i faced was that of the program wiping away,may be you ppl are facing some other similar problems,so it is advisable to check your control hardware with the tool. May be this program wiping away is not concerned with this advisory so i have to wait till i replace the CPU with a new one. I checked my controller with the tool and found it to be affected,whereas other control hardware was showing ok,we are now going for a CPU replace. Regards Nilesh Suryarao