Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plc_xxx

RSLOGIX5000

3 posts in this topic

Help me please I have a file *.ACD of a top version of RSlogix5000 to which I possess and cannot open her, presents the following error: The project file was created with a newer version of RSLogix 5000 software. The version identifier in the project file is later than the version identifier used by this version of the software. The project file can only be opened by the version of the software that created it, or a later version. If you must, for some reason, try to open the project in this (older) version of the software, you must open it with the newer version, export it, and then try to edit the exported file. The version that I have is the V7.02.00 as this problem solves

The error message means precisely what it says: the *.ACD file you have is incompatible with RSLogix 5000 Version 7. If you aren't using any of the new features in Versions 8, 10, 11, or 12, then you can perform the operation suggested by the message: Open the *.ACD file with a newer copy of RSLogix 5000, save it as a *.L5K file, and make appropriate changes to the *.L5K exported file. What those changes are is what you may need help with. For that, contact Rockwell Automation directly. If the real problem is that you don't have new software/firmware support, you should buy a support contract and get upgraded to a newer version. If you have a system that is fixed at Version 7 and somebody supplied later version software, it's up to them to provide you Version 7 compatible program files.