Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Looking for DB Shell Connector DWG drawings...

10 posts in this topic

I am looking for... A top view of a DB-25 connector molded shell, and the end view. A top view of a DB-15 connector molded shell, and the end view. A top view of a DB-9 connector molded shell, and the end view. A top view of a Mini-Din 8 connector molded shell, and the end view. A top view of a RJ-45 connector molded shell, and the end view. A top view of a USB connector molded shell, and the end view. In a DWG or DXF format. Does anyone have some of these drawn already?

you can take front view from www.mencom.com etc. for example check http://www.mencom.com/files/dwg/DHDP-DB9-8MP-R-32.dwg i also often take screenshots of catalog or manual pages, paste them into Acad, manually do outlines or any detail, delete image and scale what is left. it's very quick and dirty but it's fast and looks awesome.

Did some googling, if you create an account here you can download 3D step files and 2D pdf files for free of all their connectors and cables. Pretty cool, but I don't know if its any use to you. Perhaps you can find a PDF to DWG converter or plugin for AutoCAD... http://www.l-com.com/home.aspx The PDFs of the site are actually printed 2D dwg files so detail and resolution are perfect for panics method. CSMN9MM_2.5_OD1.pdf

I'm at home right now, but when I get in to work, if it was printed from Autocad as a PDF, I can open the PDF in Autocad, and save as a dwg or dxf.

Even better!

Attached is PDL's pdf file converted to .dwg, the text didn't convert very well, but the part you wanted did, so should be okay. db9.zip

Perfect! How do you do this? Will any PDF do that? What do you do just import a PDF into Autocad and vectors it out? Please tell us o wise and powerful Ken Moore....

I use an Autocad add in called ToolPac, I've been using it since version 4, currently it's at version 11. http://www.dotsoft.com/toolpac.htm cost is $245, but well worth it. I usually only have to pay $100 for the upgrades. I don't have Ver. 11 yet, still running 10. The PDF import is just one of many handy tools included in the package. Any PDF created from a vector drawing, (not scanned), can be imported into Autocad and saved as a .dwg

Whew...I thought it was a feature already built in, I was going to scold myself for not knowing that trick. That's a great tool. Thanks for the link and information.

If you can find PDF's of what you need and post them here, I'll convert them for you. No need to buy the add on package, unless you think you might want to do a lot of them. Personally I think Toolpac is worth the money, it has a lot of handy utilities that I've become so accustom to, that I struggle when using a clean install of Autocad.