Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slcman

How to go online

14 posts in this topic

I have to go online with TSX 07 plc. What I need? Whitch software, witch cable? I have a TSXPCX1031 serial cable....it is the good one? Can I go online via Windows Xp pro OS or I must use pure DOS mode? Thanks all for read me and thanks again for people who anser me.

Hi, You need the PL707 software to work with TSX 07 plcs. Version 4.0 is running under Windows XP without problems. Your cable is good for the job. JC

PL7-07 is not recommended for Windows XP. But as he said, it should work with the cables you mentioned.

I tired to go online but it's doesn't work I always got Communication error message. I have 4 positions on cable converter, witch position I should use? My laptop have a native serial port....usually communication with plc are easy to do (siemens, omron, allen-bradley, plc direct, texas 505, ect...) Any sugestion??? Thanks

I don't have the info on the switches on the cable. The instructions should have come with the cable.

Good morning, Your cable should be on the position 2 ("TER DIRECT"). Are you using the 4.0 version of TSX707 ? its very important cause with the previous version the communication driver doesn't work well under Windows XP. JC

I forgot to tell you that the com port used by default is the COM1 so you have to check if that port is not used by another application like RSlinx of Allen Bradley by example. If you want to change for another port, edit DUNTLW.001 in directory C:\PL707. In the Basic Parameters section, change the COM setting in the line PORT=COM1:O,8,1 to the desired COM port. JC

I use PL707 v4.0. I shutdown RSlink, I'm sure COM 1 is free and ready to use. I didn't found DUNTLW.001 is PL707 directory. I attach a screen capture of pl707 directory.

I use PL707 v4.0. I shutdown RSlink, I'm sure COM 1 is free and ready to use. I didn't found DUNTLW.001 is PL707 directory. I attach a screen capture of pl707 directory.

Ok it seems the Unitelway driver is not installed on your comp and this is probably the reason you can't connect to the nano. I think you need to install this driver separately. Go there : http://download.telemecanique.com/Reposito...mp;c=group10~EN and download the complete driver pack. Unitelway driver (the one for windows 2000) is include and that should solve your problem. JC

I download & install drivers managers (thanks for the links). Now when I'm trying to go online, I have the same message after a delay ( before I didn't have to wait for see the message). I suppose I don't have the good configuration for go online. I try few config ( baud rate, parity, ect...) with alway the same result. I send screen capture, maybe someone can give me the config for go online with tsx07. (I put the switch on position 2 TER DIRECT). I work with window Xp PRO SP2 Thanks again

Good evening, In the "Avancés" section, check the Unitelway box instead of "PC". In "Paramètres liaisons" and in "Uni-telway" its ok. This is the settings i have on my laptop and it works. The only difference is that on my laptop this driver have been installed as a part of the PL7 pro software used for Modicon Premium. If it doesn't work with these settings i don't know what to do except use an old laptop running a DOS and a previous version of PL707. JC

I got it ! ! ! I have tried to use unitelway (in avancés tab) with the setting I send and COM not working. For be able to go online, I change the value of RX/TX delay in avancé tab for 0 (it was -1), and use unitelway driver. Special thanks to ACPI

Good morning, Well i'm happy it finally works Normally the communication with Modicon products is very easy but in that special case it's an old software that is not designed for Windows XP and it seems the driver is not installed with the software. I didn't see it cause the Unitelway driver was already present on my computer thanks to another Modicon software. Anyway it works for you so once again i'm happy too lol JC