Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sd00

GX-Developer improvement requests

98 posts in this topic

what about file compatibility? so far it was lack of standard and now the GX2 is coming out (MEDOC, GX Developer, GX IEC all use different format and cannot do anything with projects created with other software). there should be better tool or built in function to convert back and fourth between formats.

I tested Gx Works in a virtual machine before. It can open Gx Developer projects. And project files don't contain files that is filtered by Netsense (Gx Developer files are filtered as i mentioned before). Edited by funfrok

GX Works2 can open GX Developer projects, and it can save in GX Developer format. It has no method for using MEDOC programs, nor will it. The process for getting a MEDOC program to GX2 is to import it into GX Developer and then save it. Then open that project in GX2. Technical support can convert MEDOC to GX Developer for those who do not have GX Developer, and only buy GX Works2.

?? GX developer can import Melsec Medoc, mm fx win, GPP A and GPP Q files GX IEC Developer import Melsec Medoc & GX Developer files GX 2 can import GX Developer & IEC Developer project aswell as the FB libs created with IEC. What exacly are you missing in the compatability features, an export from gd2 to melsec medoc dos???

you are right, i didn't need one yet but which one could export and to what?

I Mitsubish developed GX Works2 which is better then GX Developer I this Crossbow has raise same point Regards Govind L. Lathkar Edited by Govind Lathkar

I have already used GX Works, it is much better! I programmed both a Q02H CPU and an FX0 (Not a typo) with it, using the newer IEC editor built in. (they call it "structured ladder." ) I can import GX IEC programs and standard GX Developer ladder. You guys are all correct, the Mitsubishi product is a great hardware platform, and it seems they got the "software improvement" message. One work of warning - they work hard to keep it backward compatible to as early product as possible, so this may slow improvement time.

Hi , I have just joined the forum. I'm Tech support for Mitsubishi Industrial Automation dealership in South Australia. Just a few points 1: the japanese shouldn't be allowed to write software, they cannot get it right. Any improvements you want will fall on deaf ears. It takes a lot of red tape to get them to accept that it needs change let alone getting them to actually do it. The latest release of GX developer as a distributor we have is V8.80j. My side kick partner finds the GX works 2 is very slow as compared to GX-developer and we have pre-release beta copies of what ever comes out of japan. Will be online when I can to help with any posting

Welcome. There are things which I have specifically pointed out to my local Mitsubishi person before which have been addressed, so there is the possibility to get changes made. Depends on how major the change is. GX Works2 is much better than GX Developer at certain things, but I agree it may be a bit slower. But with all the new features in 1.12, it's making some serious progress.

Just registered aswell Nice to find a forum where people talk about Mitsubishi plc's. I've been programming with Mitsubishi plc's during the past 12 years. First with Medoc, which was great for it's time. Beijer really understood what programmers needed, presumably because they programmed themselves. With the Q platform, we had to switch to GX Developer, which i found to be "not fun to use at all". Very un-userfriendly and lacking so many features that any modern day software should have (how about the ability the open two windows together). Mitsubishi means fantastic, easy and robust hardware but poor software. And i agree with Betram, the japanese shouldn't be allowed to write software. It seems they have a completely different idea (or no idea) on userfriendliness and other things (i'm generalising, i know :)). And yes, the are incredibly hard to approach. In all those years, i've never been in contact with somebody from Mitsubishi. All communication must go through the dealer. It feels as if they are writing software without taking any user feedback into consideration. It has been very frustrating at times. Is it true that Gx works 2 was already officially released in the US? Which is the lastest version. Is the navigator already finished? Edited by Mitsu

There are some. Like auto-complete on the commands and on labels when typing. And you can now place a structured text block at the end of a ladder rung. I haven't had much time to play with it. Version 1.12 was provided to me for testing of one specific function, this version is not officially launched yet. GX Works2 is launched, and I believe the most recent official version released in the US is 1.08J. I know there were engineering samples of 1.09 and 1.10 which some people seem to have in Europe. Engineering samples are not for release outside of Mitsubishi, they are like beta versions. The Navigator component is not released in the US, I believe October or November the complete iQ Works suite will be launched. As for no contact with Mitsubishi other than the dealers, that's not the way it works here in the US. Mitsubishi has a 1-800 number and email address for support. They also have a sales force who calls on customers and distributors. Personally, I contact the 800 number when I need support, not a distributor. Mitsubishi has websites in Europe (like www.mitsubishi-automation.com). Perhaps they can give you more information on who to contact.

@crossbow: are Mitsubishi plc's popular in the US? What is the most used brand of plc's over there?

The US market is dominated by Allen Bradley. But there are representation from many other vendors. Mitsubishi is growing market share, as their new products offer so much and never die. Now if the software was just as user friendly as the hardware is durable...

The latest release of GX developer as a distributor we have is V8.80j. The latest release of GX developer as a distributor we have is V8.80j. GX Developer Full Version English V8.84N 09/2009, 2009?08?31?GX Developer Ver.8.85P Edited by KAZAH

Kazah, your link is to the password protected Mitsubishi site in Japan. Nobody else is going to get in there. That's for Mitsubishi Electric employees and some distributors only. And 8.85 is being released now in the US.

Hello I've used this site quite often but never replied to any posts or posted any of my own. I do have access to the melfans website. All it takes is registering and they will email you a user id and password. I guess for those of you that cant navigate the page because it is japanese it may be a little more difficult but it is for anyone that wants to use it. Here is the link to registration (Melfans Member Registration) Edited by Tyler_Basham

Mitsubishi has to approve your account, and they don't hand them out to just anybody. Besides, for support in North America, you should be visiting www.meau.com as they are the Mitsubishi Electric company which covers North and South America.

We save our machine programs on a network. Up untill we up graded to the 8.78G GX version we never had issues of opening up programs from the network. Now we constantly get "not responding" or it takes 3-4 minutes to open a 10k step program. Browsing the network via explore its very fast, just slow when browsing network for GX files. I have had our IT department replace routers, hubs, etc... All computers connect and show 54Mbps with Excellent signal strength. Anyone have any similar problems or have ideas on what to look for. Thanks to all in advance.

I store most of my programs on the network for quick access in shop or desk. No problems loading here. Virus scanner or firewall maybe...

I've got a suggestion. Make GX Developer like CX Programmer :P

Development on GX Developer is really reached the end, as the development is now being directed to GX Works2. I don't suspect that many more suggestions for GX Developer will get reviewed by Mitsubishi, so I would start making feedback in the next topic on GX Works2. Those I would assume will still have a strong change of being addressed.

GX developer Blows!!!!

That's not a very descriptive question or suggestion. Please stay on topic, and provide relevant data to discussions.