Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dacarr

cj1m cpu-11 trought sysway

17 posts in this topic

sorry for my stupid newbie question, i need to change same timers on a cj1m with cpu 11 but the problem is i can´t connect to cx prog v6 trought sysway. I use a usb to serial converter that works great with siemens plcs and cpm1 or cqm1. I set up com1 at 9600 or 19.2k 7/2 with sysway protocol. Tha seial cable is self made like this http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/plc-omron.html when i plug it on the pc one of the lights on the plc lights up so i think the cable is ok. What do i wrong or do i have to buy the usb to peripheral converter to connect trought toolbus? sorry for my english, too

a couple of options... since you are connecting via the RS232 port flip dip sw 5 on (ie standard settings of 9600,7,E,2) this sould get you on.... if not then use the auto online funtion of CX-Prog...

I don't think it's good when comm led turn on when you connect the cable. is that the case? you download W393_E1_08_CJ1_Operation.pdf manual from omron download section on this site on page 641 you have pin out, not sure then one you have is completely right. then you do what Sleepy Wombat said, choose tolbus and speed. that should work. regards. Edited by tashinz

ok i will try to modify de cable pinout, but the protocol doesn't it have to be sysway like the cqm1?

I normally use toolbus with the CJ1 PLCs at 115kbaud.

when the DIP switch 5 in ON then use toolbus, choose correct pc port, set the baud rate, check baud rate autodetect. when DIP switch 5 is OFF you can use sysway but only if it is set on that port (it is default). but if you can't know port's paratmeters before you connect use trick mentioned above.

i tried to connect trought the new pinout above mentioned, still don´t connect but when i tried auto online, sometimes the led blink. So if i switch on dip 5 i probably could connect with toolbus, correct?

Yep, that should do. if hardware is ok this should work.

ok now i´m triyng to connect to a brand new cj1m and without dipswitch 5 on it connects using sysway at 9600 7/2 but if i pull on dipswitch 5 on it dont connect! what kind of cable do you use?i ve a self made simple rs232 cable metioned in the cj1 manual (page 641)

I am a little amazed that you are having connection difficulties as you describe, if your cable is correct. I only ever carry 3 serial cables with me when on site these days. One is a standard serial cable for other devices with gender changers, an Omron standard serial cable I bought from Omron and a full handshaking cable I made myself for connection to screens and ASCII cards. I believe the Omron serial cable is PLC ------------- Computer 2 ----------------- 2 3 ----------------- 3 9 ----------------- 5 4/5 bridged ----- 4/6 bridged --------------------7/8 bridged. With that cable you should be able to connect to the PLC immediately at 9600, 7, E, 2 with Sysmac Way protocol without touch a DIP switch straight out of the box as you have described. If you wish to use toolbus on the serial port and set DIP switch 5 on is your cable correct? Is the connection method set to toolbus in CX-P? Is auto baud rate detect ticked? If you select toolbus in CX-P it will automatically set the comm port settings to 8, none, 1 for you anyway but you really need to tick auto baud rate detect. I normally use the standard Omron peripheral port cable and connect toolbus, auto baud rate detect and set at 115kbaud without any problems. Why not spend the little that this cable will cost and never have a problem again. By the way, I never have to change DIP switch settings for this either. I reserve the CPU serial port for either a screen or my bluetooth serial ports. Edited by BobB

are you sure you can connect with those serial cable as toolbus? if yes, so i dont need to by the periferic cable. as sysway it can connect, but not in toolbus mode. my problem is that i need to connect to a cj1m witch a changed com settings(it dont connect as sysway)

I am not 100% sure but others appear to have stated that you can connect with Toolbus through the serial port. If I were you I would buy the peripheral cable and connect via toolbus straight out of the box. Come to think of it I do have to set up the serial port for my bluetooth serial ports and they run toolbus.

Sure, since the DIP switch 5 ON means: ignore what is setup to the CPU's Rs232 port and use Toolbus, baud rate autodetect. You have the correct cable since you've managed to connect with sysway, DIP switch 5 OFF. Generaly: if you lift up the door on the CPU where the DIP switches are you will see the following text: 4 - OFF Auto ON setup, 5 - OFF setup ON Auto. Setup means that the port parameters will be as it is setup from the programming device e.g. cx-programmer (using settings). Auto means that the port settings are allways Toolbus, and baud rate set in client app e.g. cx-programmer (so when you check baud rate autodetect, port speed will be the one selected in cx-programmer). IF you want to use sysway on peripherial port you will setup in settngs from cx-programmer Host Link and speed, then you will put DIP switch 4 ON (that is use setup not auto). conclusion: peripherial port AND DIP 4 OFF = RS232 port AND DIP 5 ON RS232 port AND DIP 5 OFF = peripherial AND DIP 4 ON. I hope the things are clearer now. Edited by tashinz

ok i will try to get the periferic cable with rs232 out. another question, can i use the rs232 port to connect to a ns5 and at the same time use the periferic with rs232 to run cx supervisor or pro tool??i ve teste it on a cqm1 and it works. but i m not sure if i can do it on the cj1m

Yes that is possible.

You can use PLC-NS cable and connect your NS5 to PLC's RS232 but: use cx-programmer to set NT-Link 1:N (38400 or 115200-default) since that is the default settings of serial port on NS. Now, when DIP Switch 5 is OFF then PLC's RS232 is NT-Link. then you communicate to NS. if DIP switch 5 is ON then PLC's RS232 is Toolbus. Then you connect to plc from cx-programmer and program the plc. this way you don't need to get peripherial cable but you should allways plug in and out cables if you want to change program in plc. To avoid this, get CS1W-CN226 or CN626 peripherial cable and connect to peripherial port and program the plc with cx-programer (or use CX-Supervisor to run scada app) while the PLC-NS communication is working continouosly through RS232. hope i am helping. Edited by tashinz