Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottmurphy

CX-Supervisor Hanging

22 posts in this topic

My CX-Supervisor application is hanging, randomly I think. I have no idea why, an error code/file is generated which means nothing to me. I have attached the text files and a screen shot of the error messages. When I re-start the application, it seems that the IO server does not start back up, what I have to do is log off and then on again, this seems to cure the problem. I have a few hunches as to why, like is it because I am running developer and runtime at the same time? What seems to happen, is that the selection buttons become in-active. Could it be that if a button is selected at the same time a subroutine script is running, that it causes an error? I need to know if this in error in the way that I have the system configured, or if there is something else that I need to look at, something to do with the OS perhaps? error.zip

What do you mean with this ?

Sorry, was not clearer, basically any objects that have an action associated, do not respond, or some do and some don't, then it eventually freezes and gives the error message and shuts down. Are the txt files that were generated of use, are they supposed to point to a problem?

These common Windows errors don't tell me much.

hey, the latest version is 1.33 (1), there is an update on omron download section for registered users. went through the list of changes, didn't see any new comparing to 1.32 (4). error files don't tell much. This mfc42u.dll file, I've searched it on my laptop, there is two versions, one in system32 folder and other in CX-Designer's folder (also in WinSxS never mind). the version in CX-Designer's folder in newer. I can not tell you how this is important though. Try to install the latest CX-Server 3.0.0.21 it comes with cx-one 2.03 or 2.01 with updates. I had a similar problem once: when click on text with display page action, the page is open - it is a pop up screen with text with two actions. one close page (closes this pop up) and another is Execute Script with one line OpenLogView(bla bla). when click on it Data Log Viewer opens and generates an error similar to yours and crashes the whole application (with stupid send error report, dont send). this sometimes happens and sometimes not. I solved this by doing following: I erased close page action and add another line in script, after OpenLogView(bla bla) Close(pop up) after this it never crashed again. one would say that this is solved internaly (queueing methods of object). Or maybe uninstall whole omron software, wipe the registry of omron and cx, install again the latest versions. also, look up on the internet what services of winxp you can disable, it can help, who knows. regards

I wouldn't think so, but I may try and simulate this scenario. I did not have any of these errors during development, but the runtime is installed on another machine...

Some good suggestions the Tashinz! Thanks for pointing out the CXS update Tried disabling all I/O devices to see if it is application related ? You would say there must be something that started the instability. When did the crashes start to occur ? In other words how long has is run without problems ? Prior to this; Any CXS / CX-Server updates installs done ? Any third party software installs done ? Are there any changes done to the project graphics / animations? Any changes done to the I/O device configuration, comms methods, I/O point count, updates rates ? Is system restore enabled on the XP install ? Is it possible to roll back to a restore point before the errors occured ? (make a project backup and load it on restored system) Ultimately you might want to follow Tashinz re-install Omron software suggestion. Might do the trick.

scottmurphy, can you upload here the elg and ebk (error log and error backup) files from cx-supervisor's runtime folder (or uel and ueb files if it's 1.3 and later). maybe something we can dig out f there. you should do what PdL said, try to start minimum of your application, and then add features you implemented later to see when the crash will occur. we are distributing cx-s 2.0 already here in serbia, i think for two months now, omron even told us that cx-s 1.3 can be purchased only if something is really important, how to say. please, keep us informed regarding crashes of your application. this was happenning not so often in my experience and I solved all this crashes with minor changes in the project. hope this is the case with you also. regards to all Edited by tashinz

Something I had to when I had the same problem with CX-Server: Check if you have a process rundll32 running. If so kill it before you start CX-Supervisor. I have had the problem with the NVIDIA drivers on my la^ptop (DELL). If thisworks you can diable the service with th command MSCONFIG Beegee

I have tried a few different things, and it seems to not hang anymore. I have removed the PLC that is not connected at present, I think that instead of using the close PLC command in an initialisation script, I should de-select the 'open device' option under the setup devices config. Another quirky issue that I have, is when an item is selected, either to switch pages or display a popup, the item stays selected graphically, does anyone know why this is happening? I have attached an image of what I mean. Item_Selected.xls Edited by scottmurphy

don't know why, but you obviously use the Dinamic Hand Cursors Enabled option from Project -> Runtime Settings -> Startup Conditions... in the cx-supervisor developer window. I've used it once but it slowed runtime very much for some reason. never used it since. try to uncheck this option?

I always use this option, never have problems. I like that is it clear what objects are clickable with the hand cursor.

Yes, it is a good option, I cannot remember why I didn't select it. Still does not solve the problem though?

Do you have the possibility to install the project on another system and test run it ? Could rule out comms or application cause and leaves doing a clean install on the problem system. If the problem then persists perhaps you have a hardware RAM problem.

Looking at the Image supplied, is this just the focus for the "Keyboard Only Control"? Do you have Project->Runtime Settings->Startup Settings->Keyboard control enabled option on? Does this box move when you Tab or cursor? If so then I think this is correct operation of Keyboard only control - so you can select and operate this object. BB

I think this is what is the issue BB, it makes perfect sense as it always does!! Thanks BB.

good thinking BB !!

So more questions, What does the use Flat Toolbars option mean? How do others to L, LL, H, & HH alarms on analogues, in the PLC? Other packages you can do it off the tag directly. My PLC is getting full, so am reluctant to do it in there.

You could certainly do it in CX-Supervisor ... to make it adjustable from CX-Supervisor you would need to create a non volitile memory points for the LL L H HH values and then create individual alarm points for each LL L H HH and in the expression have the anlaogue point compared to the memory point etc... ie TankLevel > TankHH

This is how I am currently doing it, I have a common alarm script, and am using arrays, but I am calling the script every 10 seconds, I think that it would be better perhaps to do it on an event, rather than in a sub that is executed every 10 seconds?

If you do if for each alarm you don;t need a script... a bit more work probably though plus it should be updated based on the point update...

Yeah, I did look at this option, probably better than running the script continuously. I will look at this option, not too much more work, can do it in excel.