Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sd00

A little help with Ethernet Network settings please

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, excuse my ignorance (Omron is where my experience is) but can someone give me some help understanding the relevance of settings for Ethernet in GX-Developer... For the following questions, please assume a network of 10 PLCs + 2 PCs wanting to monitor PC-Side Network NoIf I set this to 10 on all PLCs then a new PLC is added but pre-set (by contractor) to Network no 2, what is the result? I can still communicate with PLC over ethernet! is it for routing of some sorts? [*]Station Number Simply an identifier for the PC? Should all 10 GX projects on 1 PC on this Network 10 have different Station Numbers or the same number (since it is only 1 PC)? [*]PLC Side Station Number [*] Does this matter if the IP address is set to talk directly to the PLC (not routing)? [*]Network Route Access to Ethernet Module on PLC side I/FDoes setting this override "PLC Side" "Station Number" [*]Other station in same loop or access to multilevel system Does this option allow access to other PLCs on the network via say NET10? If you can access say node 5 on NET 10 nework (network number 1) would I set Network Number to this connection (ethernet) or the destination network (NET10) Thanks, Steve. ************************************** PLCs in network Q3A & Q06H, Ethernet "Network Number" : 10, NET 10 "Network Number" : 1 **************************************

In your PC, you need to tell it the network number and station number it is to use. That can be the same in all projects. In the PLC parameters, you need to give each a unique station number, but they can all be on the same network. The PC can only connect to PLCs on it's network, or ones which routing tables have entries for. So you probably can't talk to the network 2 one because your PC thinks it's on network 10 and nobosy is programmed on how to route to network 2. Change the network number on the PC side in Transfer Setup and you should see network 2. The network setup options tell the PC if it is to speak to a PLC on the same network as itself, or if it needs to route through a PLC to another network to get to the end device. Hope this helps a bit.