Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nileshsurya

RSView32 Hangs and behaves in unusual manner

7 posts in this topic

Dear all PLC ppl, I have a SCADA terminal with RSView32 7.20 Runtime 300 license and RSLinx professional license loaded, it is facing very strange problem, when i start the SCADA the computer becomes very slow and the Startup graphic page comes up after 2-3 minutes,in between this time if i try to do some other operation on the PC then the PC hangs,if i dont do any operation and allow the SCADA to start then it starts but after a time delay as i have mentioned above,if i click again on some link then another 2-3 minutes the SCADA hangs. some more symptoms are a) i cannot see the value of system\user tag if i try to display it as a string b) no alarms are logged and displayed on the SCADA There is one issue of RSView32 not displaying system\user tag when it is run under a non-admin account under win XP,but i have made it sure that i am running the SCADA under admin account in win XP if i make some blank SCADA project then the same things happen as mentioned above,if i take the copy of SCADA on other machine then it works fine. so i am very sure it is some windows setting problem which i am not able to figure out, i have tried disabling the windows firewall and also i tried creating some other admin user account and running the SCADA from that account, i also tried uninstalling rsview32 and rslinx and then reinstalling it,but the result is same always. has anyone come across the same problem or does anybody has any idea what the possible solution will be,i would be very greatful if anybody helps me out Thanks in advance Nilesh Suryarao

Try to reinstall the os & rsview solve the above issue.

Reinstalling the OS is one thing which will make it work and i have kept it as the last resort,i think the root cause of the problem should be found out and i am gonna give it a try till my customer does not have any urgency, after that will reinstall the OS if i cannot find out the root cause. Regards Nilesh Suryarao

Anyother third party software installed like wonderware or Intellution? see this technote this could be one of the reason http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

no other third party software installed,only software installed is rsv32 and rslinx the activation files here are of the new net based activation system based upon the factory talk activation concept,so no chance of rocksoft.ini interfering with the performance of rsv32 thnx for help dude still trying,will try till tomorrow after tht reinstall the OS Regards Nilesh Suryarao

RSView32 7.20 still uses floppy activation & factorytack activation upgarde the rsview to newer version & try