Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glennlee

VersaView/200R computer

5 posts in this topic

Hi All! I have a good one for you: I want to upload the project from a VersaView 200R computer for a 6186-M15ALTR resistive touchscreen. I can read the hard drive in the 200R and can locate all folders and files. I found a couple of folders that apply to the touchscreen (the original programmer was reasonably diligent) but I cannot locate the .MED file that RsView Studio creates. I can "see" the computer in RsLinx, but RsView Studio Transfer Utility will not display it so I can suck out the project. I need to convert the VersaView to another screen and I need the screen/tag data to make the conversion. NO; I am NOT the originator of the project, so I do not have the original project file(s). Any Ideas? Regards, GlennLee

What you're looking for is a Runtime file, *.MER. It's unlikely that the database files or archive files from the development project are on this 200R. You ought to find the Runtime file in this path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime It's not perfectly easy to reverse the Runtime file into a project file, but it can be done with Tech Support's help.

Thanks Ken. When I can regain access via my new VPN they set up for me, I'll search for that file. I'll contact tech support for their help in recovering the screens. Regards, GlennLee

Hello GlennLee there is one method in the new factorytalk view studio to convert the *.mer runtime file to .med, please see the attached PDF document for more details and check whether it is useful to you or not,also notify me if u get successful in doing tht best of luck Regards Nilesh Suryarao mer_to_med_conversion.pdf

Thank you. I did not realize that that was what that function was for. I'll let you all know if and how I manage to upload and convert the project. Regards to you GlennLee