Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teal854t

Panelview Plus 600

8 posts in this topic

Hi, We got a new machine with Panelview plus 600. It came with Supervisory edition software. No idea how to go online or do anything to upload/download programs. It is connected to Slc 504 series PLC. We have rslogix500, rslinx classics, panelbuilder in our laptop. Panelview plus is connected to ethernet hub, from hub to SLC504 and some other devices via rj45. Also tried to save from memory card slot. Bought memory card from Radioshack and couldn't save the program either. Thanks

Open your RsviewMe software, GO TO transfer utility then you could see Upload screen, be sure to have both your programming terminal and PV Plus terminal follow the ethernet communication protocol, ex. IP address, subnet...

It should me machine edition use transfer utility to upload & download the application set the rslinx enterprises communication before upload/ download

Developer should have a selection to go to terminal setup screen. From the setup screen you can get the IP setting. You can set your ip based on this and connect directly by a crossover cable or if their is space on the hub, plug in there with a standard RJ-45 cable. There also should be a serial port on the unit, you can connect using it. You have to setup rslinx to have a driver for either ethernet or serial to connect to the unit.

SLC504 doesn't do ethernet. It's either DF1 or DH+ SLC505 is ethernet. To work with the PVP600, you're going to need RSView Studio. If you have PVP600, then you have RSView ME (Machine Edition) as rpraveenkum said. Not RSView SE (Supervisory Edition)

________________________________________________________________ Wow! So far you've gotten several replies with lots of heavy tecnobabble! By now you have either gone through several bottles of ibuprofen (or stronger!), or you may have done the smart thing and made the job someone elses headache. Just to verify, the above information is correct - you do need a SLC5/05 processor; however, Panelbuilder 32 works with the PV600 - don't know about Plus. That's about all the help I have to offer, other than meditation and medication. NEVER GO TO RADIO SHACK!!! Order whatever you might buy from them online, from anyone else (rant suppressed). I'm currently undergoing my own grueling self-education on ethernet, attempting to test a PV600. Anyone else have any advice for a simple test?

Panelbuilder 32 will not work with a Panelview Plus 600 Another piece of information: - If you wont to save a copy of the Panelview program, you will be able to upload following the information given. If you wont to upload so you have the ability to add and edit screens, you should ask the supplier for the Development Source Code.

!Note if you're using PV Plus 600 definitely you are using RSview ME.