Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mos89

RS5000 installation

10 posts in this topic

Dear all I just get my copie of RS500 from rockwell and i installed everything, i have open an existing program and i can not see the structured text inside, is there something special to install this function ?? thanks

Is it an .RSS file? By "Structured Text" are you meaning descriptions?

Your post title says RS5000, but you mention RS500 in you text, which is it? The PLC's programmed by RS500 do not support anything but ladder. RS5000 comes in several different versions, the most basic one does not have structured text support.

Good Eye Ken... I didn't see that in the title. I'll bet it was RS5000 that mos89 was asking about.

I am talking about RS5000 sorry for the mistake, my original source file is *.ACD the program is a mix of ladder & structured text when i try to open the text structured file, i have an error message : failed to open the routine, editor not installed

RSLogix 5000 only includes the ladder editor in the Standard edition. The other editors (FBD, SFC, and ST) are available individually or as a bundle, the most popular of which is RSLogix 5000 Professional. http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwell...deringinfo.html

My rockwell salesman forgot to explain this to me, when he sold me my software 3260$

Do you just want to look at it or do you need to make changes? Post your program or PM it to me and I will convert it to PDF if you wish

Don't know about your salesman in France, but mine here in Kentucky/Indiana values an ongoing relationship and was willing to chip in part of the cost difference to get me what I needed. That said we were eyeing an expansion at the time, so preserving the business was a money maker for him.

i am waiting a phone call from my salesman, i will keep you informed, anyway thanks for your help !