Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

PC and PLC connection - tech question

24 posts in this topic

Hi ! I will connect PLC NSJ with PC. I am going to send FINS command from PC to PLC on port number f.e 9600. using TCP and the question is about reply from PLC. Will it be on the same port or port is allocated dynamic. Where I can find details about connecting? I found in some post written by Harald Brueck (25.01.2007) http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...;hl=fins+tester screenshot from application : OMRON ETHERNET FINS SAMPLE - Where I can find it to download it? Thanks Pawel Edited by pszczepan

Right here at MrPLC! FINS UDP for Ethernet @ MrPLC.com

Another question I have about NS PT in NSJ. I have project where Scada will be connected with SQL database and some records will be show in some pop-up window in SCADA. Is there any way to send those records also to NS via Ethernet? thanks fo clue. Pawel

Hi ! I try to have reply for FINS command sent from PC to NSJ8-TV01-G5D and no success. Below I write what I do and maybe you find sth. what I am doing wrong. I set IP in NSJ and my workstation and when I am pinging I get reply - so the connection exists. Next I started using applications : OMRON FINS IP Request TOOL PRO VERSION FINS UDP FOR ETHERNET. I set IP, Node, network numbers exactly the same which I used for Ethernet connection in CX-programmer with NSJ ( it worked), but now I do not get any answer from PLC Maybe it is important - I try to connect PC without installed CX-ONE. The SCADA Company tries to write driver for OMRON PLC for their SCADA. All the utilities are written for SC-CJ. Maybe NSJ has some different parameters. Thanks for any clue. Pawel Edited by pszczepan

You should get an answer if the ip, node, and network adress is correct and thats even if u send a faulty command. U should also set the unitnumber to 00 to send the messages to the plc´s CPU. /David

Still no success. Below I attach my settings: NSJ and I use software OMRON IP FINS REQUEST. Below is the screenshot with FINS command: When I used OMRON ETHERNET FINS SAMPLE the same - no response. Could you look at it. Polish omron support suggest that maybe because it is NSJ - not CJ, but inside it should be the same. Maybe any clue. Thanks Pawel

According to this details from W452-E1-02 NSJ Operation manual it should be possible, even with the built in Ethernet port.

Hi ! I think it should work, but I do not know what I am doing wrong and polish Omron Support can not help me. I asked them for email contact for some person in OMRON, who could check what is going on and finally polish support told me that I should send email to them and then they forward it somewhere - Japan, e.t.c They treat me as a stranger and I am not sure if somebody take care of my problem and I have no idea how long I will wait for any assistance. So, maybe you guys have any direct contact to NSJ-designer person who could help me. thanks in advance Pawel

you'll have to setup a routing table in the plc. right now you have not declared network 1 in the PLC. If you create the network+routing table it should be no problem. regards

Thank you Beegee for reply. I've just stared reading some manuals about routing table and it is not veary clear for me. Could you write values which I should write in my NSJ - Routing Table tab regarding to my settings which are in screenshoots above. Pawel

Does this mean you also have to download a routing table to the controller by CX-Programmer / Routing table editor ? That seems strange to me, if the Ethernet port is set on local network 1 by NS System menu, why and more important how do you have to do this, by CX-Integrator Routing table editor ? Because you cannot select unit number 228 as CPU SIOU...

LOL the answer was on the next page !! So pszczepan, follow these steps. In CX-Programmer, go online with NSJ and put in program mode. Go to Tools > Network settings Cancel Compoway/F box Go to Tools > Start routing table Fins Local > OK Open unit 225 on the left pane, right click Port 1 > Insert PORT Local Network Number 1 >OK Go to Options > Transfer to PLC After transfer, power cycle NSJ and it should work.

I am really appreciate. As I wrote in the past I need this connection because SCADA Company will write driver for Omron PLC. Right now they have the NSJ and they do not have CX-Programmer. Is there any way to set Routing table from NSJ System Menu? Thanks Pawel

No, I am affraid not. I don't have NJS experience but by reading the manuals it seems that the routing setting which puts the built-in Ethernet port on a local network number has to be done for both the display section and the controller section of the NSJ. For the display section I believe this is either fixed to #1 or perhaps can be set from the NJS system menu, I am not sure. But for the the controller section it looks like the only option to do this is by the Routing table editor in CX-Programmer.

Yes this will help him if it wasnt done before. When I first started to work with FINS udp I didnt set up the routing table (didnt think I had to when I was accessing the plc from local network). If this isnt set and everything else is right it should reply some jibberish if you at all get any contact with it. I´m not sure if the software you are using mean jibberish with the "!! (0)" but for your sake I hope so cause then its the routingtable who is causing you trouble. I should have thought about this before when I replied cause I had some major problems with this myself... /David Edited by David Larsson

Hi ! I got back the NSJ and now I am trying to get response from NSJ. First I did what PDL suggested. Screenshot from CX - Integrator looks like: As you see Inner board has network 1 and it should works, but... When I connect ethernet and I 'd like to use Ethernet tool - "ping test" is not active - it should be - why?. When I use "Omron Fins IP request tool " I do not get any answer for my request - still the same ( as I attached in some post in the past) . I use demonstration version - maybe it would not wor even everything is OK. Anyway I try to use another soft " Omron Ethernet Fins Sample" - but I do know know what settings should I set. I did that: Do you have any manual for it or give me an example to check both direction connection? Zip file with "Omron Ethernet Fins Sample" has also file UDPdisk1.zip, but when I try to install it I got error: Do you know what is the reason of that? I do not know FiNS commands and I do not need correct answer for my request. I want only answer from PLC, that PLC got the request and PLC can't reply because I sent wrong FINS command. Thanks Pawel Edited by pszczepan

You must have Java Runtime installed to run the tool. http://www.java.com/en/ I downloaded it too and it runs ok. Try the tool and see if you get any response. Luck isn't really on your side right pawel...

Finally I installed the soft correctly and I set different IP to check how it works. My laptop has IP 192.168.250.10. When I set "Remote Node Parameters" to my Laptop IP I get answer from IP, but when I put IP address 192.168.250.02 - no reply. I put this IP to Local, Remote, changed Nodes - still nothing. Why Edited by pszczepan

I am getting mad with this response for FINS Command. Maybe I need Omron Fins gateway to get connection in both direction . I found something like that: http://www.plcsoft.ne.jp/soft/Eng/Support/...wnloadS_E.shtml The Scada Company told me that I can establish connection between their SCADA and PLC Omron using OPC Server. I found that : http://www.ingearopc.com/html/omron_ordering.html Can you recommend something. Pawel Edited by pszczepan

Pawel, you don't necessarily need FINS Gateway to use the FINS IP request tool for example. FINS Gateway is only used as middle ware between Omron hardware and software (SCADA) clients which support the FINS protocol driver. If your SCADA software can act as a OPC client, it will be possible to use an OPC server that supports FINS protocol. For instance Kepware: http://www.kepware.com/Spec_Sheets/Omron_Fins_Ethernet.html I think it will be easier than having your SCADA company write their own FINS driver. Kepware is very good, excellent help instructions, 2 hour functional demo.

Thanks for the link ! Soon I will contact Kepware to get all details how I should configure my NSJ to communicate with their product - I expect problems - Networks, built-in ethernet card .... I hope they set up some NSJ before. Anyway I can ask on forum - Is there any special way to configure NSJ with built in Ethernet card with Kepware OPC Server software. I will have just 2 Hours for Demo and i do not want to spend this time to establish connection. Thanks I hope luck comes to me one day Pawel

Pawel, test all you want! Every time you start the Kepware server it can fully run for 2 hours! Just shutdown and restart and it runs 2 hours again. Install the KEPWare server with Omron suite or only Omron FINS selected, add a new device, and check the help for information on configuring. If NSJ is not listed, I would select CJ1 series or CJ1M if possible.

Hi ! Still I am working on it Anyway I received laconic email from OMRON Support : "I saw he did not fill in the conversion table and this he should fill in. Also I wonder what he actually wants to read. Is it only some PLC memory? This should be possible." I sent them this Screenshot I try to read D0 from my PLC. Now I have a question about that conversion table. NSJ Manual has some info, but without details ( last row in the table) Do you have any idea what IP and Node address should I write there. My laptop is 192.168.250.15 and I tried it with node address 15, but no difference. Thanks Pawel Edited by pszczepan

I got response for FINS Command in my NSJ with built-in Ethernet Card. It was a long fight . Finally I got email address to France Omron Support to engineer who made an application for communication with OMRON PLC and he resolved my problem I do not know why, but tools : "Omron Fins UDP request PRO" "FINS UDP Ethernet" which can be downloaded from Download section do not work with NSJ with built-in Ethernet card.. The only software which cooperate with my NSJ is Multiway written by engineer from France Omron. http://oeef.free.fr/Multiway.php When you start this application you must know that: Even your built-in Ethernet card has unit number 228 in FINS Command - DA2 should be 00 NS does not respond to other ethernet port than 9600 - in Multiway you have to change local port 9601 to 9600 - this info I got exactly from France Omron - I am really appreciate. Below the screenshot and respond In the previous post I asked about conversion table - right now I can say that you do not need it at least to send FINS command. Pawel Edited by pszczepan