Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest froggies

Ge fanuc 90/30 upload

4 posts in this topic

Hello I have never use a GE Fanuc PLc before. I have to upload the code of an existing application who are running on a production line. I have 90/30 PLc rack who are connected to a PC who is running a visual basic application. When I am trying to download the program on the 90/30 rack, I get a communiction error, I use the old DOS based GE LM90 software with a cable that I have test in an another application and that I was able to download. I know that the processor is on the rack and that the extension rack are similar, I am not able to know If the application has an extension rack or a base rack with a processor. My idea is that the code is on the PC. I know that the pc is using windows 3.1 as operating system and the application on the pc is Visual basic 1.0. If somebody can help me.

Hello I find more information about my application. My application is running a personal computer interface card which plugs into any PC/AT/ISA Bus 8-bit slot, connecting a personnal computer. The reference of this card are: Personal Computer Interface Card for Series 90-30 I/O IC693PIF300 If anybody as ever use this type of equipment I need some extra information about where is the program store and how to reinstall the soft. thanks

Your are connected to the 485 port on the power supply right ?? With your laptop running logicmaster 90-30?? If you have an old copy of the plc file,offline, enter the hardware configuration and zoom in (F10) on the processor and write down the baud and parity settings and make sure you have them entered in the com settings in logicmaster. If you don't know the setting you'll have to use the old process of elimination method to solve the problem. I had a fanuc that didn't have that info written down anywhere and just kept trying different combos until I got communications. Good luck.. You may want to go over to GE online and download the user manuals for logicmaster and the 90-30 instruction set.

The personal Computer Interface Card (PCIF) allows an application running on a PC to communicate with Series 90 I/O racks. In systems of this type, there is no Series 90 CPU module. The logic controller is the application running on the PC. Logicmaster software is used to create ladder logic programs that run on the Series 90 CPU. Consequently, Logicmaster is of no use to you for your specific application.