Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waynes

CTi PLC using APT Software

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, Does anybody know how to do this? Or, does anybody have the software? I would appreciate all help!!! Thanks

Not sure what you're trying to do. We use APT with Ti505 PLC's here. To My knowledge CTI bought the TI Franchise from Siemens a few years back and started re-making their own PLC's based on the 505. We're still using the older ones though. If you have the CTI PLC, I would think that CTI would aslo be able to provide you with a copy of APT. It Communicates through RS232 which is Configured through a pair of Text documents in the Root APT folder.

I suggest you contact the folks that provide Workshop 505 at http://www.fast-soft.com/ or CTI. The CTI processors are supposed to be 100% backward compatible, just replace the processor, download you existing code, and go to run. APT software hasn't been promoted in a long time, CTI may not support it, only they will know. I have several 505's and have been in conversation with CTI for several months now. I was under the impression that only the Workshop software would be able to use the new and advanced features of the CTI line.