Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

CX-Designer - Slow Upload

10 posts in this topic

Have been working in-house with an NS10 screen and uploading CX-Designer applications with USB connection. Very fast and simple. When I got to the field found that the NS20 screen is a version is older than 0325 so does not support USB uploads. PT Hardware Restrictions NS-V1 PTs with lot number 0325 (manufactured February 3, 2005) or later support USB data transfers. A commercially available USB cable can be used. So I have switched to Ethernet connection for uploading my application to the PT. This works fine BUT IT IS HORRIBLY SLOW. When selecting and confirming "transfer application to PT" the program takes forever [about 2-3 minutes] to connect. Once it finally connects the upload is just as fast as the USB method. Anyone experienced similar problems? I thought that Ethernet would be super fast!!! Are there some additional settings I need to change to improve upload speed with Ethernet??

Are you using a laptop? I had to disable my wireless ethernet port to connect in a decent way. Microsoft seems to give priority to wireless I even have problems when I am connected by wireless on 192.168.1.xxx and wired to the PLC 10.0.0.xxx. and I have no problems when I am connected to both by wire ..

Yes, using a laptop with Ethernet post on a D-Link PCMCIA card. Will try your suggestion to disable wireless port. Thanks

Disabled the wirless port as suggested and upload is certainly faster ......BUT After initializing an upload CX-Designer still waits for about 1 minute before uploading actually starts!! Is this normal or is there still another issue I have overlooked??

I have had the same issues when having a wireless adapter enabled too, and ever since besides disabling the wireless adapter I also uncheck "Auto-detect" and fill in the work station number (last octet of workstation IP) manually. This has worked for me in the past. Also, is your PC and NS connected to a LAN with multiple hosts that could have a duplicate IP? To double check I would disconnect the NS and do an IP scan. I use Look@LAN for this.

Nice program PdL! will use it from now on.

Sorry for that What I especially like about it is you can store "profiles" such as which ethernet adapter to use, which IP range to scan, etc. For instance you can make different profiles for plant A and plant B. Now whenever you do a new scan when you arrive at a plant, it lists all differences to the previous scan you have ever done on that network, so you have an instant view on any devices that have been added to the network, or are offline.

very cool indeed. often have a problems with what ethernet device in online or offline, what is newly added in the meantime by maintenance etc. cool.

btw, my experience is that usb is allways faster than ethernet when download/upload. especially when there is lot of files in the project. same problem with wireless.

Upgraded firmware from V6.2 to V6.6 and disabled wireless port. Ethernet download starts after about 6 seconds. Working fine now.