Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToddM

Direct Soft5 memory editor

4 posts in this topic

Hi Folks....How do you view the data tables {I/O, timers , counters , Integers etc...} in direct soft? I think I'm headed in the right direction but I'm not sure. I tried to use the memory editor but am not quite sure what I'm looking at. How are the TA0 , TA1 etc. buttons used and how do I use the "find element" ? I've tried several different ways of inputting what I want but my OK button never highlights.Any help would be appreaceated. Thanks and later...Todd

The radio buttons to the left of each item let you select that item. At that point the 'Format' and 'Data Size' selections above apply ONLY TO THAT ITEM. This setup is even remembered, item by item, for future printouts of data memory. The memory editor is primarily used for viewing complete word elements. The appropriate nomenclature for these is Vxxxx where xxxx is an OCTAL address within the addressing range of the CPU. The names 'TA0', 'TA1' etc are 'aliases' or alternate nasmes for V registers which are usually automatically assigned as the accumulator location fo the numbered timer. There are also 'CTAx' references which are also aliases for counter accumulator locations. I have written an Allen-Bradley->Directsoft handholding primer. See if that helps. Edited by b_carlton

Bernie...Thanks a lot for your paitence and help. Later....Todd

One thing I have discovered in using DataView to edit/modify V memory. If you edit non-volatile memory V7400-V577, then it changes the non- volatile location and not the RAM version. COmments?