Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

Purged Panels

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys; Happy to be here once again, asking for help. This time it is about control panels that are purged with Nitrogen. One of my good customers has to install a PLC panel in a area that is not a safe area. He wishes that the panel (that will be our next order) be of the PURGED type. I need some help or guidance or diagram or standards for the construction of such a purged panel. I've no idea what this is. To my mind however... this would entail feeding Nitrogen into the panel and keeping it there at a small positive pressure. Likewise when the door is opened, it may have some interlocks etc to de-energise the purged section and also to cut-oo the nitrogen supply. All this arrangement will have to be monitored or interlocked in a suitable way, according to some standards. I'd seriously appreciate all those who know about Purged panels to come forth with their experience or advise. Thanks and wishing everybody all the best at their days, Raj s. Iyer

In the U.S. there are three types of purged panels, X purge, Y purge, and Z purge. Which type you need is based upon the classification of the area. I currently have a panel in a Class I, Div. I, area, when the pressure drops, the power to the panel is shutoff. Once the pressure is returned the panel purges for 10 minutes before re-energizing the power. I have another panel in a Class I, Div. II, area, that does not do the purging upon restart. It all depends. I usually purchase my panels complete with the purging system, and require third party certification such as FM or UL, that shifts the liability from me to the panel vendor. If you want to build your own, take a look at P&F: http://www.pepperl-fuchs.com/selector/gui/...pselungssysteme

Have a look at http://www.okbebco.com which has a good amount of information about the different purging systems and their applications.

To give real service you must add something that cannot be bought or measured with money; and that is sincerity and integrity." - Donald A. Adams I like that!!! Thanks a million Ken and his_sons_dad!!. Baxter will sure appreciate your helpful nature when he grows up. All said and done, I stand enlightened with the NEMA standards for X, Y, Z etc. Ken is right.. it seems to be a profession by itself.. this business of making purged panels!! fortunately.. there are some of these chaps to be had within a 100 kms of where I live to whom I've forwarded the information I've gleaned from both your helpful links. They've understood it perfectly and will soon fabricate what I need. Thanks and a good day to you all gentlemen, Bye for now Raj S. Iyer Edited by rajsiyer

DEAR RAVI, THERE IS VERY MUCH EXPERIENCED AND RENOUNED MANUFACTURER OF PURGE PANELS - NITROGEN PURGE PANEL IS AROUND YOU, YOU HAVE TO JUST CALL , TAN SWA TECHNOLOGIES INC, W-441 TTC MIDC INDUSTRIAL AREA, BEHIND ALFA LAVAL LTD, RABALE- NAVI MUMBAI 400 701, TEL NO: 0091-22-27607967/68/69 OR FAX AT 0091-22-27692726 OR CONTACT AT tanswaindia@yahoo.com Just log on to ww.tanswa.net OR www.tanswa.co.in They are in this field for last 20 years and you can be rest assuered for any problem being solved by them in the field of Purge panel, Mimic Panel, PLC panel, VFD panel etc. Thanks Sanjay Khare Single_page_factory_photo_with_products.pdf