Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sharwood

S7-300 over DP

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, I would like to create an application to read register status/values of an S7-300 315 over DP using a CP5613A2 card. I have managed to write up some code to read and write parameter info to HART and PA field devices and am able to do this on a micrologix (DF1) device but the siemens SDK for the 5613 doesn't address master to master comms. The system is using Agilent VEE Pro software to test field devices during manufacture - I'd want to be able to read PLC status and use the PLC to handle safety/power switching etc on a production line test system from my own client app. Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello sharwood. Why not use OPC ? Deltalogic also makes a DLL library ACCON-Aglink which should be of good quality. For the CP5613 you have to purchase the hardware driver from Siemens. That is not so expensive. If you are allready using some Siemens solution with the SDK, then maybe you have it already. Edited by JesperMP

JesperMP I'm not too sure about OPC - there seems to be a lot of info out there but it does seem a little confusing at first glance. Can you recommend a good place to start? I looked at the Deltalogic site - looks useful but unfortunately doesn't support the Siemens card over DP. Thanks

This is a translated description of what the package S7-PC/CP does: "S7-PC/CP ACCON AGLink S7-PC/CP makes the access to process data of S7-300® and S7-400® for you possible over the communication hardware of Siemens. The CP 5511*, CP 5512*, CP 5611*, CP 5613* (Profibus) and CP 1613* (Ethernet) is supported." The "*" is because you need to purchase the HW drivers from Siemens. Thus i think it is possible.

www.softwaretoolbox.com has opc and drivers available for most products

Rod, I think that if Sharwood would be interested in OPC, then the information he needs is how to write his own OPC client. Specifically, there is no OPC server on the Software Toolbox site that supports the CP5613.

Yes - I think I'd like to write my own client. I have created a dll to handle all the acyclic slave stuff - now I just need to read and write values to the PLC - thanks for the pointers - I am now buried in OPC 101!