Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sulung

connecting omron plc with citect

12 posts in this topic

hi all, i am totally new to omron plc and citect. but i have manage to program with cx-one. i got this cj1m-cpu11, cj1w-id201, cj1w-oc201, and cj1w-ad041 (configure in current 4-20mA mode). i make a simple start motor program: 1. input 0.00 as stop button 2. input 0.01 as start button 3. output 1.00 to activate a lamp 4. read analog input 1 value (cio2001) and store it in d100 5. communication protocol: sysmac-way 9600 with citect: 1. since i did not see cj1 when configuring comm, i use cs1 sysmac protocol 2. i set the port to use 9600 3. i make 4 variabel tags: name data type address stop digital 00000 start digital 00001 motor digital 00100 level int cio2001 4. i connect the plc to pc with serial port after compiling i could see the comm LED (yellow) blink, i assume it has connected with my pc (citect) my problem is when i click my start button nothing happen, also i do not see any changes in my meter. please see attach file. please help me.

Read the Citect help. It has a very detailed section on every I/O driver, also Omron > Serial. It mentions how to setup the I/O device, ports etc in Citect project editor, how to configure variable tags, which cable diagram to use etc. You will have to put in some more effort yourself!

CS1 is correct - CS1 and CJ1 have the same memory map and instruction set. As Pim stated, read Citect help to set up your communications. Better still, go and do a Citect course.

Read the Citect help. It has a very detailed section on every I/O driver, also Omron > Serial. It mentions how to setup the I/O device, ports etc in Citect project editor, how to configure variable tags, which cable diagram to use etc. You will have to put in some more effort yourself! I am totally desperate now. i have search the help file and i just could not get to how citect do addressing with omron. i could make the meter to work now, i.e. when i give input to the plc, the meter moves. when i give signal to digital input (to start the lamp), my motor change to green color which what i expected. my problem is when i click on the start button, nothing happen. in the variable tag, i use address 00000. i just could not find out what to write in the variable tags address. i use cio2001 for my analog input. to my surprise when i change it to dm000 it also give the same result. please could anybody just tell me how this omron addressing works in citect? or just point me in what section to look for. any help would be highly appreciated.

You cannot use 00000 as tag address, since this is used by the input card (CJ1W-ID201). You need to use separate work adresses as tags, and program them in parallell with input contacts. Ex. 00000 = Physical Start button connected to input card CJ1W-ID201 input 0 W00000 = Citect Start-button Hope this helps BR

Asuming Help chapter hasn't changed drastically with V6: From Citect explorer > Help > Citect Help Topics > I/O devices > Omron > See Data Types on how to configure variables.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH I did it , but one question, why i should put my plc in monitor mode in order to control from citect? I could not do it in Run mode.

Omron PLCs always have to be in monitor mode to do any online program changes or to accept writes etc from SCADA systems. That is the way it has always been. Many years back one had to write Cicode to place the PLC in monitor mode because it did not "remember" monitor mode after a power failure but went straight into run mode.

Again from the Citect help (data types section): This is a method, however selecting "monitor" as startup mode in PLC settings dialog from CX-Programmer is easier... BTW interesting fact there Bob, a little background info...

Perhaps bobb is referring to the old C200H systems...

Sleepy has it in one - C200H did not "remember" monitor mode after being powerd down - absolute pain in the "A"!