Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olivera

MVI56-MCM

8 posts in this topic

Hi!! Im trying to insert a MVI56-MCM (Prosoft) like an Allen Bradley Modbus Module in a remote chasis. I'm using a RSLogix archive (mvi56mcm_expanded_v10) to configure the module but I'm having problems with the tags. Does someone knows somthing about hor configure MVI56-MCM module like an allen bradley modbus module? Thanks

Just finished one of these, do you have the manual? I thought the documentation was straigt forward. There are a couple of UDT's required, but are furnished on a CD that comes with the module. Exactly what problems are you having.

I have problems with the configuration of the module. I can't comunicate with it. The manual says that I have to copy the example archive in my RSLogix project and then download the project to my controller. I have downloaded the project to my controller but the module's led still is red and the controller don't comunicate with the modbus module. Sorry for my English. Thanks

I used the MVI56 a couple of years back, some things about your post concern me. 1. You mention remote chassis. How is it remoted to the CPU? 2. Did you register the MVI module in your I/O tree of your project? 3. Have you tested and compiled the code routines that should communicate with the module.

On the MVI56 you have to place values in certain UDT tags for your configuration as well as the reads and writes. The example does a read, write, coil read, and coil write. The device you are talking to needs to be able to accept these commands or you have to disable them. I have run into Modbus devices that won't accept an analog read but will accept and input register read. That is a different configuration. If you don't set up the Modbus read commands and the appropriate UDT's it won't work and the LED stays red. What do you mean remote. Are we talking Control net remote or RIO?

I've never tried to use a MODBUS module in a remote chassis, might not be possible, I would contact PROSOFT tech support ( they have always been very helpful ) to see if what you want to do is even possible.

I have the modbus module in a remote chasis. This chasis comunicates with the controller trought controlnet. The problem is that in the controller's chasis the modbus comunicate with the controller but in the remote chasis dosn't it. I have another problem. I don't know how can I see the device values of the modbus module. Thank you Sorry for my English

Hello, You and I have the same problem. My PLC is PLC5/40 Enhanced. It has chassis 1771-A3B. Slot 0: MCM 3100 Slot 1: empty Slot 2: 1771-IBD Slot 3: 1771-OBD Slot 4: 1771-IFE/C Slot 5: 1771-OFE2/B My PC is installed Citect 6. PC Citect 6 is master. PLC5/ 40 is slave. PC communicates PLC 5/40 with Modbus. The job is read input and output's status. Please help me program for PLC 5/40, and communication with Citect. Thank you! I have MCM5EX1S I want to read input and output Where i insert rung for PC get this input and ouput's information. THank!