Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
derama2

RSView Studio ME Tag Error

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm editing a program in RSView Studio ME and I need to add some new tags. When I try to make it in Tag Database Editor, this error comes up: Error creating tag: Unable to add tag to Realtime Data Manager. Cause: Tag Id (##) already exists. The ## is just a number that increments by 1 every time i try. I tried to search for the tag to see if it already existed in the program but nothing comes up. Does anyone know what might be causing the error?

What version of RSView ME are you using? I searched the Knowledgebase, but the only reference I found to this error was for an older version of the software...

I'm using whatever is the newest version. I don't have it in front of me right this minute but we just purchased it not even a month ago. I checked the knowledge base too but didn't notice anything that would help me. Maybe I missed it. What was it you found about that error on the older software? Do you think it could be the same or similar problem? Thanks!

I have tried simulating the fault but only get the messages: - Error creating tag : A tag or folder named '*****' already exists Error creating tag : Tags and folders cannot be created in the system folder If you can give more information? Are you working on the original development code? Is this a Panelview Plus? What communications are the tags communicating over?

Hi! Yes I'm working on the original development code that I received from the creator. I did not make this project originally. This is for a Panelview Plus 700 The communications it is set for is an ethernet connection. Do I have to be connected to make the modifications to the screens?

When you say you are working with the original code, did you receive the project as a .apa file? If not, the problem may be that your project is not in the correct file location on your computer. RSView ME uses a *very* specific file location structure. If your files are not in the exact path (as created by the software), you may see this error. The error code I found for the earlier version of the software (v. 2.1, which is basically ancient), referred to project files not being in the correct location, so that's why I'm asking about how you received the project files.

I would rebuild the Local Communications Setup again. When you open Communication Setup, you should be able to click on the definied Shortcut, This should expand the IO tree to the PLC processor and if RS5000 project show the location on your harddrive it expects to find the offline file. If this isn't the case build the IO tree copy the Offline file (If RS5000) to your harddrive, click on the short cut and highlight the PLC processor and click Apply.

Hey, Thanks everyone for the help. I found my problem on the knowledge base. Enter the search string "unable to add tag"(without quotes). You should get a list of documents. Try ID #'s 33756, 4305, 31269.