Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rodney

Mecman IPC500

8 posts in this topic

Hi I am in the process of replacing a P.L.C at one of my customers sites and the old P.L.C is a Mecman IPC500. I have never seen one of these P.L.C.s before. I have a hard copy of the program which has timers and counters in the program but they only appear in the program as contacts. So it is not known what makes these timers and counters time and count out or what their prefix is. Has any one else in the forum any experience with these P.L.C.s Rodney

Is it an Idec PLC?

TW I am not sure but it is possible that it is Idec. I have seen it mentioned elsewhere tthat it is Idec and that it is the same as the Square D model 50 which is claimed to be made by Idec. I see nothing on the P.L.C that it is made by Idec. I have also seen it claimed to be Rexroth Mecman. I am going to this site this afternoon and I will have another look at the P.L.C Rodney

If you could, try to get a picture of it

here is a picture as requested Rodney

Sorry Rodney, but I thought it was a copy of the Idec FA-2J but it is not

It is an Idec Model 50 which was offered as a Mecman IPC 500 and a Square D Model 50, at least from what I gather. I think this is the programming manual for the Square D version http://www.graybar.com/automation/ga_manua...98-666-01B2.pdf

Thanks TW thats just about where I got to with the information I have. I do have the programming software and a hand held programmer for the Square D version. So I will see what I can find out. Thanks again TW Rodney
1 person likes this