Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToddM

DirectSoft100 version of Directsoft5

8 posts in this topic

Hi Folks...I've got a hold of a DL405 processor , a Siemens TI 435 processor and 2 racks and a few I/O cards to play with, at a reasonable price {Free}. Anyway I downloaded the Directsoft100 version of the Directsoft5 which limits me to 100 words of code.Is there a chart or something to tell me how many bits bytes or words a particular function {I/O timers counters etc.} take up ? Do I have to count the number of words or is there some utility to monitor it? I'm fairly good with RS Logix 5 & 500 and can "get around" in GE LM90, Omron CX programmer and Syswin3.4, as well as a few others but this is my first DL PLC to "play with" any help would be appreaceated. Thanks and Later...Todd

Make sure that View - Status Bar is checked. In the lower right the thrid item from the right is a fraction. That is "Used Steps / PLC Available Steps."

Hi Folks... b_carlton wrote... My next question is , Is each "step" a bit? Also is there a way to break the program down into different sections like files in RSlogix or blocks in Syswin 3.4 etc.? Thanks and later....Todd

Each command takes up at least one step. Those dealing with V references etc at least 2. It's hard to get a very complicated program going in just 100. Watch the number I mentioned earlier rise as you enter code. The 'mnemonic' view gives you a little beter idea, though you can't edit from there. The structure is linear from the start to the END command. Following that is space for subroutines, interrupt handling code and fixed data tables. You could theoretically place the majority of code in subroutines, calling them from the main program and achieve somewhat the look of multiple ladder files in RSLogix. In my view, the greatest strength (but others greatest confusion) is the Stage Programming. It makes sequential state machines (ones that are more complicated than mere timer driven steps) very easy to code. I present a little introduction for the RSLogix knowledgeable at my site.

Here is a sight that deals with AD PLC's that may offer some help also. http://forum.hosteng.com/

Hi folks...Thanks b_carlton and Clay B. for the info. Nice site b_carlton, just what I need. Thanks for the link to another great forum Clay B. Later...Todd

im interested in software to study where can i download ams_industrial@yahoo.com

Follow this link for the PC-DS100 software http://web5.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopp...ctsoft_Software