Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gruntstripe

S7-400 to S7-300 program transfer - i/o auto remap.

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, If I download a program written for an S7-400 to an S7-300 is there an automatic way to remap i/o when the slot/card positions are different? Thanks in advance for any help. GS

Hi, there's a feature called "rewireing" in Step7 Manager. Use online help for explanation how to use it. When you use symbolic addressing (and you set priority to symbol) then it's enough to edit Symbol List and compile program once again.

The best way would probably be to save the program into a text file ensuring you select symbolic method, then save your symbols into an excel file, change the addresses as you require, then create the 300 program, import the excel symbols and then the text program, the addresses will all align to the new I/O.

Dont use the "rewiring" function. It works for very small programs, but is impractical for large programs. You cannot save the rewiring list, so you have to edit everything one time, cross your fingers, and then start the rewiring. If something went wrong it will take longer time to sort out. Like Groo says, Select Symbolic address priority, and simply edit the symbol list to suit the i/o. You dont have to use the intermediary step of saving the entire program to a text file. Just edit the Symbol list from within STEP7, save the symbol list, and select the Reorganise function. But gruntstripes original post assumes something that is not true. In S7, the i/o adresses do NOT follow the slot adressing. You can chose to follow the slot adresses or you can chose to follow any other reasonable scheme. So if you are smart you let the i/o be adressed in exactly the same way on both platforms.