Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cordep

CX-Protocol Messages

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have another power analyser this one is rs-485 connection i should use CX-Protocol to this... the problem is i do not have any documentation about CX-Protocol i only have opne example but i don't understand the messages i mean i don't know what i should send and what i should receive i don't have a clue of the meaning of this (for example): <a>+[04]+[003E]+[0001]+<c>

You really start need to being more specific, as bobb posted in one of you other posts, does it support modbus rtu? Most devices do these days, especially it being rs485. You need to get hold of the manuals, without them, you are going to struglle, and more than likely, struggle to get help here if you don't have the correct documentation etc. That string looks like a modbus read function, as I said, do some more research, that way, you will be able to ask more precise questions. Also, again, speak to your local omron rep, they have the knowledge on their products, and if you are buying the hardware through them, then they should be able to provide the documentation. Does everyone else have the dtl that I often refer to?

Yes, it does look like Modbus RTU - 4 words for a start. The DTL is invaluable - I have several copies for home and the laptop. As I mentioned elsewhere, and Scott has reinforced, give us more detail so that we can help you. No detail - unable to help.