Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cordep

CJ1M - CPU withWM14-96 Power Analyzer (Carlo Gavazzi )

12 posts in this topic

Hi, i'm trying to comunicate with this Power analyser with a CJ1M CPU i know i have to use CX-Protocol and i know i canread 10 variables at the same time from this power analyser problem i have looked to CX-Protocol for the first time today i don't know nothing about.... is there any tutorial for begginers? Thanx in advance

The power analyser probably communicates via Modbus RTU - most do. Here is a link to a Modbus RTU protocol that works very weel for me. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=259 and here is an example http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=427

No it work in profibus DP but thanks anyway i will look to the examples....

If it is Profibus DP,then you cannot use CX-Protocol. You need to have a CJ1W-PRM21 (Profibus Master) in the PLC and CX-Profibus software for configuration SVN

I Have the GSD file from Carl Gavazzi i think i must introduce this file in the project and then PLC will assume the power Analyser in the network at least is what i think... i really confused...

Do not be confused - you require the Profibus master card and CV-Profibus as stated below. You cannot write your own protocol.

Yes the GSD file will be recogniozed only by the Profibus card....

Let's not confuse him any more. Cordepp, forget CX-Protocol. Do you have CX-Profibus ?

I will have it by the end of the day in the meanwhile edpuentes already tested the GSD file i have and he says it worked just fine. when i get the software after i use it i will post some news... Thanks all of you ...

Ok now i have another power analyser from Carlo Gavazzi but this one is RS-485 connection know i must use CX-Protocol? I have an example of CX-Protocol but i don't know what to put in the messages i mean how do i know what i must send and what i should receive? thanks in advance

This thread will become very confusing if you keep switching back and forth between comms methods... Decide yourself which one you want to go with first before you ask peoples help, they take the time to help you out and you will not gain credit if you jump to another method if it suits you. Start another thread if you use Modbus instead of Profibus...