Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest crucible

NEW TO THIS GAME

4 posts in this topic

I hope I can get the assistance I need to succeed in this realm. I have just recently decided to learn AB programming W/panelview 600, 1000 and the ancient 1200 using PDS software. I am trying to use a SLC 5/04 with a panelview 1200 and need help creating the network connections . . . Don't know if I need a seperate scanner or if I can direct connect the DH+ ports between the two. I am using RSLINX/PDS/ and RSLOGIX500. Thanks for whatever anyone can provide. Remember! I am a novice . . .

I can't remember much at all about the 1200, particularly whether it had any options for its interface. I do know that a lot of the orginal PV's used remote I/O as their interface to the PLC with a serial port for program download. If your 1200 has a RIO interface then, yes, you need a RIO scanner. If it has some other interface, you'll most likely just need a cable. Note that DH+ and RIO use the same cable and often the same connectors but they are NOT the same.

:*-( OK. Scratch the SLC5/04 with panelview 1200. I decided to go with a PLC 5/20 and a panleview 1200. We have all the tools and equipment lying around the shop but few of us have done anything with them. The writing is on the wall regarding the demise of this place so it's time to LEARN and move on. Anyway . . . I suppose the old 1200 is rapidly being replaced by 600, 1000, 1250 and so on. The project I am doing is a little XMAS display for the shop. Thanks for any input . . .

I scrapped the slc 5/04 to panelview 1200 project and just went with a PLC 5/20 and PV 1200. Very easy to configure...or maybe I got lucky first time out. Anyway, it works!