Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Electronic Keying Reset in Logix

6 posts in this topic

Ok so I understand this electronic keying however I am confused about this one. I want to install a new Analog card 1769-IF4 series B into an existing rack. I went into the program offline, and added the card installed the card, I left the option on for electronic keying checked. (compatible module) However when I download the program and try to run it, I get an error and that says electronic keying mismatch. How can it be mismatched if there was nothing to match to previous if this is a new card? How do you tell the PLC yeah this card is the one I want in that slot or install a new module that never had an existing card in that slot? Is there a slot key reset somewhere I need to clear? I guess I could disable keying for that card, but I thought I would give this a try. I guess I also need to check to see if this version 1769-IF4 (B) plays ok with version 15.7 of RS5K, but I wasn't able to find a chart that shows me for sure. I think my issue is that somewhere the PLc knows what card it had, (even thought it's new) and I need to tell it stop looking for that card, and here is the new card I want you to key from this day forward.

This is all about firmware, with the mode you selected, the modules must have the same major revision level. When you added the card, what firmware did you choose, and what's the firmware level of the actual card (you can find out using rslinx). I suspect the default was 1.0 or something, and your module is 2.0 or higer. I've had this happen before and it was because I didn't change the default firmware level when I added the module.

Here is some screen shots of the card I am having issues with. RsLinx doesn't see the card correctly. And shows version 1.2 In Logix, it says UNKNOWN card, and if you try and manually configure it for version 1.2, you have to change the revision from B to A to be able to set it for 1.2. The card has a sticker on it that says version B. So that can't be right. I think the problem so far is that RS Linx sees the card as that 1756-module card, that's not right...it might need some help...

Can you post or your PM your program? I've seen this before with the CompactLogix but I need something to job my memory

I am not an expert in Compactlogix, I mostly work with ControlLogix, but here is what I see: What version of RSlogix you have? 15.7 is FW rev, what is software rev?, latest is 15.2? I beleive you don't have module profile because in my v15.2 module listed correctly. If module FW in linx listed as ver 1.2 then it is most likely ser A module (BTW you have Linx EDS file missing as well). You should be able to change these settings If you selected ver 2.x in software then compatible module will not work: major rev must be equal or higher to use compatible module, at this point FW checks if it is compatible or not. Edited by Contr_Conn

I have version V15.02.00 of RSLogix. According to Help.