Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pabeader

RSView ME SLC 5/05 vs ML1100

7 posts in this topic

The other day a friend showed me a way to 'directly' connect a screen object to a data source. All he did was make sure that I had set up the connection in RSLinx Enterprise- communication setup. Then when I wanted to connect a 'button' to a bit, all I had to do was choose the word I was interested in. Then go back and add the 'bit' information. Worked great. This was with a SLC 5/05. Now I would like to do the same thing with a ML1100. When I try I get a local PCCC error 0x10 browsing [A8PLC] Is there something I missed or will this not work with ML1100s?

Have you checked out the error message on the AB Knowledgebase? It sounds to me like there's some communications setting that's not quite right with the ML1100. Also, what network are you using to communicate? I'm assuming Ethernet... If so, can you connect to the ML using serial just to see if you can see the data in the processor? Rick

The really crazy thing is that I CAN create HMI tags that are connected to the PLC and they work fine. I am trying to cut down on memory useage so I can make a more complex program in the HMI. I did find a knowledgebase article that addresses this issue but I have not been successful in implimenting it. Sounds kinda like stand on one foot and hum the Star Spangled Banner. But I'm trying.

I found the explination: Ripped from ABs Knowledgebase. Not what I wanted to hear though... Cannot Browse Online tags from RSLinx Enterprise in RSViewME to MicroLogix 1100.When a local shortcut is configured to a MicroLogix 1100 (1763) Processor User cannot Browse Online Tags. The "Online" tag Folder is present in the Tag Browser Question Cannot Browse Online tags from RSLinx Enterprise in RSViewME to MicroLogix 1100 Answer When a local shortcut is configured to a MicroLogix 1100 (1763) Processor cannot Browse Online Tags. The Folder is located under the shortcut name in the Tag Browser but no tags are visible. This only applies to tags visible within the Online Tag Browser and will not affect the operation of the application or communications to the MicroLogix 1100 controller. If an address is entered manually a display or application can be tested and will connect to the controller via the Local Shortcut path and display current data. Local communications can be established. Example of a manually entered MicroLogix1100 address within Object properties. Problem: When a local shortcut is configured to a MicroLogix 1100 (1763) Processor User cannot Browse Online Tags. The "Online" tag Folder is present in the Tag Browser but when opened no tags are displayed. If an address is entered manually a test display will connect to the controller via the Local Shortcut path and display current data. The application runtime mer works correctly on a terminal. Cause: New MicroLogix 1100 Data Files such as RI, Routing Information, are not recognized by the current release of RSLinx Enterprise Verify: Cure: Next Release of RSLinx Enterprise Prevention: If a Tag address is manually entered and a display is tested or Application tested, current MicroLogix 1100 data will be displayed. Communications to the ML1100 can be established. Catalog Number: 1763-L16AWA;1763-L16BBB;1763-L16BWA DocFullNum: P132256740 Revision:4.00 (CPR 7) Fixed in Revision: Package: Module: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Edited by pabeader

Anyone know when this new version might be available???

You're looking at this fall's CPR9 co-ordinated product release before there will be a new version of RSLinx Enterprise. What happens is that RSLinx Enterprise sends a PCCC command to the controller that asks it for a list of its data files and data file types. When the MicroLogix 1100 replies with some unrecognized data file types (like the Routing Information tables), RSLinx Enterprise chokes on the whole reply. It would make sense to me to just parse out and display the data files and types that it did recognize, but there's a reason I'm not in charge of software development. The good news is that the MicroLogix 1100 data tables are relatively simple, and typing in the address manually for direct-reference objects is no great amount of labor in the grand scheme.

Great info. I didn't know you could just type them in. That is great news. Now I just have to redo 8 months of work. Yea!!!